gold racer signal on hand

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a quick chance to play with the gold racer for a couple of hours at one of the local spots on the weekend,Please keep in mind that i am completley new to vlf detectors however have got my whites tdi sorted so not to new to detecting. Didn't find any gold however i am sure it will let me know when i walk over some.The hot ground that has the tdi sensitivity down to about 5-6 or even lower seems to have little effect however didn't detect anything deeper than 2 inches and that was very thin bits of copper plate running in all with tracking on'' about little fingernail size so pretty happy with that.This area is well know for small gold with the sdc 2300 being king at the moment on the small stuff in hot ground.One annoying thing i found was when i had a target in my hand and waving it over the coil my hand was signalling even when empty how do i combat this or do i just use the pinpointer.More to come.

You may find that many pinpointers will not be sensitive enough to pick up on the tiddler gold, and some you will literally have to be touching the gold to signal, so better off as mentioned to utilise a plastic scoop. :)

In All Metal Mode increase the iSAT level and using fingertips only near the coil, meaning holding hand above coil by the length of ones fingers, works for me!

When trying to recover small gold, this is your friend

1454322816_nug_scoop.jpg

Latest posts