Gold in Moranbah

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrisJoe

Joe
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anybody had come accross any info about gold around Moranbah?
Like Clermont is only a little bit away and it has long history of reef running through it. And on my searches for the Moranbah diamonds, I have come accross plenty of highly mineralised ground with lots of quartz crops and such spread around those areas, all typical on the sort of ground you would eye out on a recce on minding areas to prospect in.

But without a detector and no running creeks in the areas to sample pan in, I am at a loss for testing, without bringing multiple buckets of sample home to test pan.

So was wondering if anybody had read of any finds around, or would be close enough to my ne home up here to meet up and go and hit the spots up with a detector?

I would try Clermont m8 more of a chance of finding gold there and only an hour away

I was just hoping to try out the possible areas I have identified, but being without a detector, I am limited to panning.

There are some old forgotten diggings in the range half way between moranbah and Clermont but very hard to find I have spent a lot years in and around moranbah and Clermont .

If you do get over to Clermont .let me know might be able to help you out with a few spots

Thanks tymor will definitely do that. I got all sorts get maps and such for the surrounding areas looking for suitable spots within the GPA's.
Am looking for a detector atm, possibly swinging towards a gp extreme as an entry level Pi.

I go out every weekend . And have 4 days off every second weekend I use a 5000. but have had 2100 . 2200 .4500 .all good detectors . But found more weight in gold with the 2200 . The extreme is a good machine don't get a mob one but will do your head in

about 10 yrs ago I did a 450 pipeline from mooranbah to copperbella, some area's and creek crossings along the way we went down up to 5-6 meters. unfortunately back then I didn't even think of gold or any other minerals I could have been on the lookout for. I was to interested in digging to the bottom of tarantula holes and tracking pigs. wish I could do that job again :lol:

Considering "the bah" is sandwiched between clermont, Mnt Britton and Mnt coolon, all gold bearing area's, and a silver lode and copper lode west and east of her, i wouldnt be at all surprised if you were to find some yellow stuff around that sh!t hole.

Mt Coolon isn't too far and the pub is great. Eungella at The Diggings, fantastic camp spot, both a couple of hours away and Clermont is close as you know. Mt Britten is interesting with the old mine and diggings and a creek. Looking forward to being up that way again soon.

Well I finally secured a detector of my own so I can start exploring locally and around the areas.
So hopefully I will get some virgin ground, as I've said above I've got some spots that look like worth checking out with a detector.

Plus I have exclusive access to a huge block of private land that has never been.touched which is absolutely covered in moranbah diamonds.

Does anybody have any info on that Mt coolon and Mt britton areas?

lol jo, i just got back from Mnt britton tonight.....
was gonna put up some picks/video, but couldnt be bothered re-sizing them at the moment.
Mnt Brit / Upper moonlight creek is absolutly jam packed with spiky spear devil grass, cant swing a cat in there...

Would have to mount the detector to a brush cutter lol.
Any luck?
With winter coming soon, the back burning won't be far behind to clear that pesky grass

Sounds good mate. I cant send you a PM yet as I have just joined the forum. Ill flick you a PM once I have sufficed the 10 post limit. Cheers

Latest posts