Gold Cube and Trommel power conversion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Members ,
Need a little advice . I wish to run the 12v Gold Cube and Trommel at home using 240v outlet .
What system or systems would be best to purchase for this exercise .

Thanks in advance .
Cheers
goldrat

Palmer Digger said:
This or similar will do the trick Mr Rat .. much easier than buggering around than keeping the charge up to a battery .. what do you think about the gold cube mate?
Good luck.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/12vdc-7-5...ly-mains-to-cigarette-lighter-socket/p/MP3575

Hi Palmer Digger ,
Thanks for your response , looks just the goods for my application .
I only received the cube yesterday and just had notification the Trommel is at Post Office today . Had to split the order up to keep entry into Aus under $1000 . Also just beat the July 1st start date for GST on all imported purchases from overseas , which will include item + freight .
Most probably will give it a run in a couple of weeks . Also can't wait to run Trommel & cube in the fields as this Trommel does also classify where the Trommel's that you can buy to suit Desert Fox 12 inch wheel and Pro Camel 18inch or 24inch only take classified material .

Cheers and thanks again .
goldrat

Hi Grat,
I agree with Palmer, just make sure the selected transformer will have the right amps output to match your draw requirements. Undercurrent won't be enough and too much amps could cook the motors.
Sounds like a fun little project though.

Enjoy.
Cheers
Ben.

Modern Miner said:
Hi Grat,
I agree with Palmer, just make sure the selected transformer will have the right amps output to match your draw requirements. Undercurrent won't be enough and too much amps could cook the motors.

Enjoy.
Cheers
Ben.

Too much amps will not cook your motor - your motor takes what it needs. Just make sure your power supply's output at least equals, or better, exceeds the motor's amp requirement.

casper

Modern Miner said:
Hi Grat,

Enjoy.
Cheers
Ben.

Having the correct voltage and enough amps is what you need.
More amps (available) than required won't do poop, have a think about a car fridge that runs 12v and draws around 5 amps.
The battery can easily supply 50+amps but it doesn't feed that to the fridge as the fridge only draws 5 amps

Latest posts