Gold Bars on marketplace in Bathurst.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XRF only tests the surface to approx 1mm of a gold ingot,nugget or other metals. It cannot tell you if an ingot is the same metal internally as what is in the first 1mm of the surface.

Do if they cut the bar in half, and tested the 3 Rd surface, it might get a reading?

I'd say that Becks have better testing though.

PW Becks sampling & assay methods include XRF but it is only one of three checks to determine accurate content:
PW Beck said:
Sampling
To ensure accuracy, a sample is taken which then can be assayed. This sample is drawn from a molten pool while your metal is in a homogenous state.

Assay
Given that accuracy is so important when determining the precious metal content of your refining, we utilise three types of assay tests, Fire Assay, Xray Fluorescence and Atomic Absorption Spectrometry. Assaying is also offered as a stand alone service for determining the carat of jewellery pieces or Native Gold Nuggets etc. A small sample of up to two grams may be required depending on the service.

I have an inside man that will be looking into it for me (Kato's boyfriend)

He does not work in that area, but will ask anyway.

I may ask to look in and see what they do.....

Never know what may come of it.

:)

I have an ultrasonic depth tester that does a pretty fair job of letting me know if an ingot is solid gold or not. Works well on flat surfaces only. If the metal has a boundary layer of differing metal it will indicate with a reading that will be false for the metal type being tested. The tester has limitations but will definitely let you know if your gold ingot is gold or part tungsten etc.

:eek:

I cast this in an ingot mold..... 400gm each

1637540520_img_2350.jpg

Pssst..
very thin layer of GOLD !

Paint..

3 coats.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:) :Y: