Gold around many peaks Miriam vale qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozjono

jonathon
Reaction score
Going to many peaks near Miriam vale for a few days soon and want to know if any one knows if it's worth taking my prospecting gear, would like to hear from you guys thanks

I think, from memory only lead? or copper? was scratched out of many peaks......but like MrLimb pointed out, ya gotta be in it to win it.

A lot of alluvial activity in the 1800s happened further down the Boyne Valley towards the dam near Boynedale. There is still an active mine out the back of Nagoorin. If you are into just having a look there are still a lot of relics from the old mines in the area, well worth a look by going up the track behind the old school of mines building in Many Peaks. The old copper mine at Glassford creek is also worth a visit but I cannot remember exactly how to get there, still has a number of chimneys standing.
Also heard some rumours that a bit of gold was found towards the base of Kroombit Tops from the Ubobo store.
I have panned in Futter creek before they raised the dam and found some nice colour so there is still some bits and pieces around the area.

Just checking out google earth, there seems to be plenty of gold mines all around Many peaks, Boyne valley area. My uncle hauled timber up in the Builyan, Many peaks area back in the early 80's and he did mention that they came across the odd prospector or two who had there fair share of tales to tell about the area. Be worth looking into.
:) Mick
PS: Never leave home without the prospecting gear!!!.

Latest posts