Getting jaded?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well...been using the detector a bit recently.

Bought it last September and found the loot wasn't piling up too much (maybe $90 in 3 months)....then it sat in the corner of the garage all summer. Went to Thailand for a holiday and after getting back decided to give the x-terra another run and loved it...loved getting out in the fresh air again.

Since the beginning of March I've managed to get my coin total up to around $275...and the speed of which its increasing is gaining legs too.

Didn't get to do much detecting over the anzac weekend although i got out for a quick swing Sunday night and found $5, then for an hour after work last night for another $10.
It's got to the point where every time i go out i bring home a minimum of $5 or $6 and they quickly add up after a couple of weeks.

My best day was $19.40 in around 2 hours and if i had have known i was so close to the $20 mark i would have stayed a little longer.

Anyway i just wanted to share my story and tell anyone who's getting a little jaded with their results to keep at it....if you can afford it, buy a good pinpointer and also learn the screwdriver method of retrieving coins :)

Ben

G'day Ben, been slow for me aswell, borrowed goldagettin's PI machine and let's just say I could supply Australia with bobby pins haha, totally agree with the screwdriver method, so much faster and no need for plugs.

I've ended up using the slit method unless the coin is just under the surface and almost certainly not a pre-decimal. I've only been doing this for a couple of months, but a couple of screwdriver gouges on pre-decimal silvers and I turned a whole lot more careful with them. After a bit of practive I can't see my own holes and have ended up doing the same ground twice by accident...

Latest posts