g'day from mudgee

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone
New to the gold detecting game,just bought a GPX 5000 and have been out a hand full of times working straight from the manual, have found a heap of old bullets and shells amongst a lot of other rubbish. I have been reading this forum and can see a wealth of knowledge and expierience amongst the members and thought what a great place to be involved with, i am sure i will learn a lot, and contribute where possible.

cheers Lost a bit

G'day, yeah they sure do find a lot of that stuff, I've got a great junk
collection too. :) I'm sure some gold will come soon.

Welcome aboard.

G'day Lost a bit and welcome to the forum.
You've gone and got yourself a great machine there so you got no reason not to get out amongst it.
A few of the lads run the same machine as you. Im sure any questions you have about it they'll be more than happy to answer.
Unfortunatly the "junk" goes hand in hand with the gold. Just like Heatho my junk collection is growing.. :lol:
Keep at it. Looking forward to some stories and pics from your area
Cheers
Chris

Hi lost a bit,
Fairly new to detecting also & from around your way. Can't offer any advice for that 5000 but nice machine to start with - would like one myself eventually. If you need help with some spots around here to try or anything let us know - like I said fairly new too but have found some small stuff with my Whites GMT & would be interested in seeing a 5000 working.
Matt

Welcome to the forum lab, great to see you jumped into the deep end and grabbed the 5000. Very good choice of machine and it won't let you down. ;)

Now all you need is a great pair of long distance hiking boots, and those little rattlers will start filling your jar. If you need any help along the way with info you can't source through the forum, just yell out and someone will help. Best of luck out there in the paddock mate.

Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone
I'm sure to be asking a lot of questions as time go's by so please be patient with me, Mbasko not sure how we exchange details but would like to meet up at some stage and have a yarn.

cheers lost a bit

lost a bit said:
Mbasko not sure how we exchange details but would like to meet up at some stage and have a yarn.

Private messaging will automatically unlock once you reach 10 posts on the forum.

Cheers,
Nugget

Latest posts