Garrett Gold detector surprise!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to downplay Garrett's or the AT Pro as I think they are a great all-round machine in their price range but a better test may have been to bury the little nugget & even throw in a handful of ironstone or something to try replicate a goldfield?
I have been told by more experienced than I that if you are going to test a detector with a little nugget it is best to do it where you will actually be detecting. Not too many people have a backyard like a goldfield but we all wish :p
My method is I take a little 0.13 gram piece to where I am going to detect in a small plastic vial & set the GMT up while it is above the ground first to make sure it is "seeing" it/signalling. I will then bury it down at least 2" & play with the settings until I am satisfied that I will get good depth by raising the coil over my planted target + getting a signal or break in threshold that will arouse my interest. Seems to work ok but not fool proof - have been to places where the ground can change quickly but if in doubt I will stop & retest to make sure I am (+ the GMT is) still happy. :)
Just an opinion I guess but I would prefer to see any comparison/test done in the field where possible.

I'll have to check this vid out in a couple of days, stuck on 3G at the moment 8.(

Latest posts