FYI Gold and Ghosts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

76drew76

Andrew Denham
Reaction score
Just a bit of information forum members might be interested in. Not sure if this has been posted before so sorry if it has and I'm sorry if it's against forum guidelines. I just spent the day at a library reading the first 2 Gold and Ghost books. When I was finished and handing them back I was told I was allowed to print off up to 10% of these books but no more or it would breach copyright laws. Well I was excited by this news and figured out the information I needed about the area i will be detecting was bang on 10% of the book. Just goes to show you don't need to spend the big dollars to get the info on the particular goldfield you want to detect from. I'm just passing on this information for those who want to use it for the good of this hobby, but remember that like not filling in your holes after digging, get the info you need and don't post it online and breach copyright law which could spoil it for other people.

Cheers......

They say that the reason libraries don't loan them out anymore is their worth and the fact that a lot of them were never returned. Mysteriously they just vanished into thin air.

The librarian also told me that these books covered the shelves when she started her career. There was also a $45 price tag on one of the volumes.

I did my 10% for research a long time ago, forgot to use it for the real thing though, only pipe dreams.

Bugger that at $2500
I'll photo copy my %10
Then all I need is 9 other people willing to do the same
Then presto I have a full book.
Is it copyright if someone sends me %10 for free.

Ill be a 10%er. Love the info in these, i have the warick goldfields stuff already. A mate copied for me.