Fugget, Fugget, Fugget, Fug.. Oh Nugget. My first

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally. Glad I decided to dig this one.
(don't know why they keep coming up inverted Sorry)
1409131649_img_1227_medium.jpg

1409131649_img_1228_medium.jpg

1409131649_img_1230_medium.jpg

1409131649_img_1231_medium.jpg

Bloody Ripper! What a way to open your account.

I m yet to get that adrenaline rush but its only a matter of time....................................+ effort.

Nice nugget.

Morgan was the tone high or low?

Are you using v3.2?

Could you hear any iron near the target?

Well done mate .... as a few mentioned you're in a great area, just a matter of walking over a piece of ground that someone didn't work as well as you just did.
Hope many more come your way.
Cheers Tom

Wolfau said:
Nice nugget.

Are you using v3.2?

The tone was relatively high. I am using 3.2 and was in a custom program with full tones and 12khz.

I didn't hear any iron near it which is good considering the disc was set really low (about 5 I think), all I got was a clear signal that read up in the high 80's.

You don't get much noise with this machine to the point where I sometimes run the pick past it to make sure its still working :)

Great find Morgan, There is nothing like your first one.. :) Does the Deus have a threshold like a normal vlf gold detector in the prospecting mode or is it just a beep type dtector.?

Roscoe said:
Great find Morgan, There is nothing like your first one.. :) Does the Deus have a threshold like a normal vlf gold detector in the prospecting mode or is it just a beep type dtector.?

Yep, it has all the bells and whistles. I'm not sure about others as this is my first detector but it is definitely feature packed.

Even with the Deus bible that is over a hundred pages long I still have a lot to learn with it.

At a bit over 2k it'd want to have a bit of substance to it lol

Morgan82 said:
Wolfau said:
Nice nugget.

Are you using v3.2?

The tone was relatively high. I am using 3.2 and was in a custom program with full tones and 12khz.

I didn't hear any iron near it which is good considering the disc was set really low (about 5 I think), all I got was a clear signal that read up in the high 80's.

You don't get much noise with this machine to the point where I sometimes run the pick past it to make sure its still working :)

Hi Morgan I have a deus and I've used it on the beach which is fantastic I'm finding stuff about 14inch deep and I went to the gold fields last week by myself and had a full day there did testing with my 1gram nugget I brought lol and It was picking it up at 7 inches no problem I did play around with it a bit and they say the more you play the better you get when you 1first switch it on in gold mode it's very noisy but as soon as you ground balance it goes really quite and I like you had to wave my pic in front of it to see if it was working I'm looking forward to going out again but would prefer to go with another detectorist !! Just to compare

Morgan the photo looks correct on an iphone.

As soon as its viewed on my PC its not.

The XP deus has gone up a notch in performance with
the new v3.2 Program.

Every one has an opinion but if a vlf can run quiet in
The goldfields that would be my preference due to the
Zap zap over target rather then slight threshold change.

The 3.2 program is getting rave reviews by experienced
Hunters in thr USA.

It was a matter of time until the software was perfected
Though and the ability to find treasure buried next to iron
Is phenomenal i think.

Morgan, I downloaded the manual and had a bit of a read. A lot to digest your right. Its an amazing detector, I really like the adjustable tx mode that would be handy. It looks like the goldfields mode works well. :)

It would be nice if a gold fields mode was on the ctx3030? :(

Latest posts