Fossicking Locations Brisbane Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I am located in Brisbane and fossicking for alluvial gold.I want to know if it is legal to prospect for gold in Upper Brookfield and Kedron creeks avoiding the state forests,mainly creeks,also obtaining land owners permission to search their creeks on their property.
Thanks in advance for any advice

GOLDHOUND 28 said:
Hi all, I am located in Brisbane and fossicking for alluvial gold.I want to know if it is legal to prospect for gold in Upper Brookfield and Kedron creeks avoiding the state forests,mainly creeks,also obtaining land owners permission to search their creeks on their property.
Thanks in advance for any advice

I grew up fishing, swimming and playing in Upper Brookfield creek. My dad told us that as long as we stuck to the creek we could pass through anybody's property because the creek remains crown land. Perhaps something has changed in the last 50 or 60 years but I doubt it. Of course the creek ran all year round at that time because there were only a few farms pumping from it and water was treated as an important asset to be protected and used wisely.

Is it legal to prospect the creeks in Brookfield and Upper Kedron,keeping clear from the state forests