Fossicking In And Around Maryborough Queensland.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks for looking :)

I am in Hervey Bay and looking to hunt a little further a field.

Maryborough is not very far for me so any ideas please.

Thanks in advance.

CGS :cool:

What are you after, gold, gems, rocks ?. Gympie for gold and gympieite. Maryborough has lots of spots for agate, jasper and petrified wood , Harvey bay has uranganite and jasper. More info on what you want to do would help. I live in Maryborough and go out fossicking most weekends.

Ozjono said:
What are you after, gold, gems, rocks ?. Gympie for gold and gympieite. Maryborough has lots of spots for agate, jasper and petrified wood , Harvey bay has uranganite and jasper. More info on what you want to do would help. I live in Maryborough and go out fossicking most weekends.

Thankyou for your reply.

The thought of the slight possibility of some Gold would be a good way to spend some time,but even some older parts of town like ovals etc looking for pre/post decimals and goldies would suffice as well.

Thanks again.

CGS :)

I am always keen to go for a swing, I love finding pre decimals even if worth nothing I love melting metal :D.

Ozjono said:
Maryborough

Maryborough - I thought that you were giving me a spelling lesson.

I should be taking the delivery of my new Detech Ultimate 13" DD coil next week,so after it arrives I would be keen to meet and have a good go using your local knowledge if that suits you.

Let me know what you are thinking.

I will shout the coffees.

CGS :cool:

Hi I'm in Hervey bay, what area should I be looking at here please for agate or anything really? Ty
Hi jlee, there are some nice spots to find multi-banded jasper around the rocky beaches north east of Point Vernon. Not a lot though. Seem better after some big waves have stirred things up....and removed a bit of sand covering them.

Latest posts