Fossicking around the Inverell and Glen Innes areas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G`day Heatho, seems your havin a great time of it there, was there about 5 years ago and did ok. Didnt know they allow camping any idea how much it would cost roughly to camp for a week and fossick as well????

Hey there Tripz, yeah really do like it up there, $25 a night per person to camp and fossick, can dig all night even if you like. :)

Cheers

No Richo, they do a family deal which is $40 for a day and I think $50 to camp. Pretty good deal. You thinking of doing a trip up there?
I am......... constantly..... :)

richo966 said:
is it same price for little kids :)

Me the misso, her nephew and his friend from Korea camped and fossicked and was $40 for the 1 day fossicking and 1 nights camping for the lot of us so $10 a head.
Huge area for camping with many fire pits and bbq plates to choose from. There's toilet's and bush showers out at the camp site but issue at the moment is water !! e.g there's bugger all the whole area around Inverell and west is in drought.
Toilet's back at the fossicking site. Top people , top place and we had the whole camp area to ourselves bar the roo's owls and sheep.
I mainly went there to take the kid's for the experience which turned out perfect as spent next 4 days chasing gold further west and kids reckoned it was way too hard compared to fossicking sapphires.

I agree mate, gold is harder work the kids are right. :) Would have been on the whole a great experience for the young fellas.

I think the whole property at BB is about 1000 acres of fossicking heaven, 1 bloke camps there 3 months at a time up the back in the middle of the bush under a tarp.

Can't beat $40. They are top people, could yak with Keith all day, he's got some great stories.

yes mate will be when it cools down my body cant handle the heat and hard work will let you know when mate :)

Will put this one back on the list of things to do, sounds good 175 for the week, thats probly better then CP. Now where did I put all those lights heatho :D

Todays haul my stones
1392447293_tmp_20140215_171755553649170.jpg

1392447328_tmp_20140215_171944-973368760.jpg

My mate Hippie's haul
1392447395_tmp_20140215_1743131805890265.jpg

Hey Heatho,

Other than the blue Sapphires and red Zircons what other stones are there? I really like the yellowish ones.

One day, probably in retirement I will get up that way.

Nice heatho ,your the man ...

Any chance you can put some light under them..

Heatho, you blokes over there again ?
I'm heading down there Wednesday/Thursday but going to do some recon around Orara gold fields from tomorrow then back to Inverell and then back on the gold for a few days back at Drake.
At this stage heading down for Minerama in a few weeks so might catch ya there

Golden Tiger said:
Hey Heatho,

Other than the blue Sapphires and red Zircons what other stones are there? I really like the yellowish ones.

One day, probably in retirement I will get up that way.

Hey GT I agree the yellow sapphires are very nice. Someone got a 6 ct Ruby there the other day. Occasional Diamonds are found there also, mainly sapphires though. Can find Beryl at Torrington.

Looks like about 4oz each , actually think Hippie's is about 5 oz., still tomorrow to go before final weigh in. Having a ball.

Latest posts