Forum Rules and Common Decency

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Over the last couple of months I have quietly observed a deterioration of the common decency that a reasonable person would expect to see on a forum such as this. This ranges from slagging other members/opinions to being outright rude to some people. Others seem to be antagonistic to certain other members and their opinions for what ever reasons.

Please, before you make your posts, think about what you're going to say, is it hurtfull, is it abusive, is it even necessary. If you don't agree with a post/member scroll past or block them.

From another forum this was posted by an moderator and I agreed with it fully

"Hey all. Once again I am having to put the broom through a Thread. This is not good and my eye is on a some antagonistic members. If I see folk at each others throats again they will be getting a holiday from the board. This is especially a time to be mindful of what is said.
The forum rules of conduct are posted for every-one to read. I suggest folk go and brush up bufore I do some brooming out."

cheers Keith

1586061049_dmbwkv5w4aejqcs.jpg

Self edit. :Y:
I thought a little longer :)
Though I think we all are a little opinionated at times.
Even the OP. :beer:

Forum - noun - 'a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged'

My view of a forum is exactly that, somewhere to express views, not somewhere to supress views if you do not agree with the views of others. To say that if you don't agree with a post/member scroll past or block them turns a forum into nothing more than an information board where only the OP and those who agree with an opinion are entitled to have a say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts