Fork me please.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PVC gloves are my favourite ones headsup and I pull out the big rocks by hand which always seem to be as big as I can handle!

dezman said:
PVC gloves are my favourite ones headsup and I pull out the big rocks by hand which always seem to be as big as I can handle!

you can move bigger rocks when they are underwater , the water displacement effect makes them lighter

which is cool coz i feel tough and strong and pretend i am superman if nobody is watching ( but dont tell anyone okay )

Your secret is safe on this forum Headsup, I'm told concrete is only 60% of its weight underwater when I put down a mooring for the boat. Today's super big rock are a sticking crunch on the bedrock, and reminded me to be careful as I undermine an even bigger one! Being pinned in cold water and in pain is not how I see my ending at all!

dezman said:
Your secret is safe on this forum Headsup, I'm told concrete is only 60% of its weight underwater when I put down a mooring for the boat. Today's super big rock are a sticking crunch on the bedrock, and reminded me to be careful as I undermine an even bigger one! Being pinned in cold water and in pain is not how I see my ending at all!

true mate . good point

having a rock tumble over on you could happen in 0.5 seconds and if youre alone at the river . . . . . :( not a good scenario

another safety issue to keep in mind is for people using long chest high fishing waders

if you slip over on a rock in even slow to moderately flowing water the waders fill up with water like an underwater parachute and they suddenly weigh 50 kg so you have buckleys of getting back on your feet

bye bye prospector

the current will drag you downstream and you become a rag doll tumbling along with the rocks

i guess one consolation is you get a birds eye view of the river bottom and you will see where the gold was hiding as you drown

:rolleyes:

Waders and drowned many fishermen Headsup, becoming heavy with water or turning you upside down with the air trapped in the legs giving buoyancy. A knife being handy or I think some belts keeping a tight fit and excluding some of the gap between the wades and body.
Good idea keeping an eye out for those nuggets, always a optimistic a gold miner be;)...

Latest posts