First time running my highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went out a few days ago and filled 3 large buckets of dirt from a local creek nearby.
Today i took my dirt up the mountain to a small dam and ran it in my highbanker for the first time.
The highbanker works well with the small petrol pump, and even tho i only found 15 specs of gold, it was great to see the banker worked well!
Definitely worth heading back to see how i go!

1427099727_004_4.jpg

1427099753_006_2.jpg

1427099787_007.jpg

What a nice little system!

:)

I'm no expert, but from playing around with my HB i would have the angle less and more water... it seems a bit "rough" over those riffles. Too much air gap!

What do others think?

I thought the water looked good, but i have little experience. What I'd be fixing is the lack of camlocks and the kinks in the hose, wasting fuel n flow there!

Good on ya mate!
It's a good feeling playing with a new toy and getting results :)

I too was thinking that the angle may have been a little to much. Next time i will straighten it out a bit and make the angle a bit less.
All feedback will be taken on board as this is mt first time running the machine. Great fun tho!

Looks good to me, im sure BW will have plenty more times to test angles and water flow, gold is heavy and i'm sure with that set up not much if any will be lost. To be honest my thoughts were more the classifier....im not a fan of the bars as I feel rocks get wedged in them. Looks like a purchased banker so you have to accept the design that's provided, too neat to be a home made job! Correct me if i'm wrong.

Bit hard to tell flow ratio without gravel in the banker. The movement of the gravel will determine the angle to flow ratio. A pic with a few more buckets of wash through the banker will give a better indication. ;)

Twapster yes i purchased it from Sluicy Gold Equipment here in Victoria. The stones didn't get trapped in the grizzly to bad, occasionally they needed a helping hand to bugger off but that's all.
Wal - I'll take a few extra photos next time
HTY - I'd be surprised if you didnt know where i was!

Latest posts