First swing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like your have a great time with the detector cant wait till my tax turns up in my account garret here i come!! keep the finds comeing!!

Coins spills are a bit like Christmas time for the detectorist, lots of giggles when one coin follows by another, then another....and so on. Certainly doesn't happen all the time, but you savor it when it does occur, nice one. :)

Well I went back last night before the rain, found a few more dollars under the tree, and went around the other trees on the edge, but they were all coin free. all up about $5 for a couple a hours. The potash at this end of the field was close to the surface throwing false high signals all the time. I guess I cant complain, pulled $80 or $90 out of that field. :)

Thinking about where to hit next.. pre-decimals are the aim.

Hit another oval for sake of a better idea. The wind was blowing so hard my coil was acting like a sail. It was a lot warmer day prospecting despite the wind.

Worked around the trees and kid pit for another $21 in goldies. Apparently I've pulled $160ish in goldies so far. And the bowl of rusty silver waiting for a visit to coles. They're gunna regret self serve checkout i tells ya. Lol. Pictures later

Two ringtabs from one hole! nice eh?

Usually the rubbish doesn't make it through the front door. Dirt and all...

and another 1c piece, copper but still decimal.. sigh.

1436703862_coins.jpg

Well i disposed of about 18$ of the crappiest 'silver' coins ive ever seen today. Got heaps to go. Big shout out to coles for their cooperation. I wonder if people will be getting them in their change :lol:

dont you hate those bottle caps? i tried a new spot yesterday , first target, solid 82 signal, expected a nice old coin, however was an old bottle cap. yippy lol

I leave the bottle caps for someone else' even at 5" as the screw driver tip goes straight through em... Best way to disc them out, actually anything the screw driver pokes through I leave otherwise the area looks a mess.

Pretty hard trying to push that screwy through an 1881 sov though.(ha),.... imagine looking at the end of the driver and seeing gold smeared onto the tip(bugga),.... one in +20 000 though(at the least),... probably more like one in 150 000. ;)

Had a few more goes. $15, $5 and nothing at all today. Trying to avoid kid pits and be more sophisticated.

Tried near Sans souci ferry today. Turns out there's a power substation next door. Detector was going nuts i thought it was busted. Even held out in mid air it was chirping like crazy.

Pity. There's some old stairs with a big tree at the bottom i wanted to check.

Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

Beach was very unsatisfying. 50kph wind and nothing lit up under the detector. I gave up after an hour.

Went to a new park for 4 hours. Tried thinking like people, where would people go? where would they sit. Where would they throw their money away.
It was a big park, so I had to target my areas carefully.

got a bit over $60.00, felt closer to thinking like a person than ever before. :p

1437174771_coins.jpg