First hunt of the Year finds Gold from YASS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy All,
Spent some time in the Yass district over the school holidays with 5 of the kids. Was hoping to get a few pre decs but only found the one half penny. Pretty happy with the gold charm bracelet though. Has 12 charms and each one is the real thing :D Only got to go on one hunt while there at a nice little park. The ALBI bangle has me bit stumped though. Comes up as 9ct on the meter but has no stamps. Was the deepest of all the targets.
1391324184_yass1.jpg

1391324245_yass2.jpg

1391324290_yass3.jpg

1391324327_yass4.jpg

Well done P_T_P

Nice finds and the ALBI bracelet came up nice after a clean.
Charm bracelet looks good to :cool:

Is that a live ammo round you found to?? :8

Well done Pete, I bet you were smiling YASS off when you found that bracelet :lol:

Goldpick said:
The Albi bangle looks to be gold plated copper, possibly why there is no hallmark.
That's what I thought too Goldpick, only problem is the pink color on it before it was cleaned actually comes of with cleaning :/
If it was gold-plated I thought it would have been the other way around. I think I will have to give it an acid test.

Tonight i hit the low tide and got a few coins and junk, a little further up the slope i got this bangle.
First i thought GOLD!! And then somewhere in my brain remembered seeing a similar one on the forum.

Searched "bangle" and found your post.
Must be the same place that makes them.
Pretty sure it is gold plated. No hallmark.
Cheers

1415027596_image.jpg

we had some of those bangles made in bali from $2 coins (or scrap brass). We have had some made up for our kids.

Latest posts