First gold nugget.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the winner is.......drum roll

1.3g. I was just a little bit out on my guess :8

All good though. I had to pull the pin early to pick the wife up from the airport than went straight back out with my brother.
I got another .8grammer and he got a 1.2.
I am totally stoked to find my first gold with the 5000 on its maiden voyage.
Long way to go to pay it off though!! (Not sure why everyone is obsessed with paying for the detector with finds but somehow I got caught up in all that too).
Never even considered trying to pay my boat off with fish I caught.

Also panned up some flakes from the creek. Haven't worked out how to separate the flakes from the last bit of dirt. Some of them are truly flour gold. Might just collect a heap then amalgam.

Thanks goes to a local guy who steered me in the general direction.

1392555323_second_gold_002.jpg

1392555361_second_gold_003.jpg

Great stuff Shane....good to see that jar is now rattling, and hope it's not too long before it's full.

Best of luck on the next hunt and look forward to more pics of your future finds,

Cheers Wal.

Cheers Wal.
I am looking forward to finding a creek that I can take the banker to. So far the best Ive got is 3 specks from 2 pans. Not enough to go to the effort.

Loving my new hobby!

Woohoo, I was closest, do I get the nugg ? :D :D
Great to see them flowing freely now, well done!
Now to find there monster brother ;)

DD

Hi, can you tell me if i need a licence to prospect for gold and gems please and were do i go to get one. just getting my new gold detector tomorrow cant wait to go somewhere and do this.

If you post this question on the Prospecting Rules & Regulations forum you will probably get a better response. I am in Darwin so I am not sure of the NSW rules. we don't need a licence up here. Its all about permission from lease/land owners.