first finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkenotwills

Kevin Burke
Reaction score
G'day everyone. Finally got to have my first real swing with the ex-terra 705. Working around some old diggings near Buninyong at the in laws. Lots of junk and a big hammer looking thing. Have got another week down this way so plenty of time to find something better.
1414232354_20141025_190753_2.jpg
1414232491_20141025_190753_3.jpg

HI B. what program/ setting are you running ? looks like ''all metal'' by the pics. while it's good to start out checking all strong signals, that looks like hard work. all those targets suggest a rubbish dump, mbe have a look elsewhere.HH

slipped disc said:
HI B. what program/ setting are you running ? looks like ''all metal'' by the pics. while it's good to start out checking all strong signals, that looks like hard work. all those targets suggest a rubbish dump, mbe have a look elsewhere.HH

G'day S.D yeah today was my first real day I have had so AM mode but was switching through the pre set configs before I started digging to see the difference in sounds. I was happy just to get out there finally. Trying to learn as much as I can. Have about 20 acres to cover so just went for a casual walk this was about three hours work. Not all in the same area different random spots. The next few days I am going to get more involved with the settings. Will start with the pre set configurations and go from there. Will try and get some pics up of the area I have to work with 2morrow. Plenty of shafts, gully's, mullock heaps and wash aways all on a big hill to play around in. Still learning so the next week will be good before I head back to park hunting in Mildura. Cheers.

Not such a bad thing, it is a good sign that an area has been occupied in the past, especially if you are seeking relics, old coins/tokens and buttons. I'd be more worried if I was finding absolutely nothing. :)

Latest posts