First Find Weekend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The wife and I went out to Western Creek Station near Georgetown for the last 4 days and I can now say that we have christened the SDC 2300.

As this was our first trip to Western Creek Station we had no idea where to go and what signs to look for.

We can say the camp sight and facilities were excellent with hot showers and flush toilets a luxury. Although we had almost 4 days wandering aimlessly all over the station , we did get 5 minutes of ecstacy, that is daytime detecting for you perverted people. :D

We found lots of scrap steel/alloy horse shoe/nails and drill sworf, but did find 3 nuggets within 5 minutes and 2.5 metres apart. As per the photo they were 0.41 gram, 7.52 grams (ironstone encrusted) and 0.31 gram. :lol:

We have a long way to go to pay off the detector but we are enjoying our new hobby. Not every trip out will be detecting for gold but we are liking the trips out bush to new localities. We think that our next trip out will be to Tomahawk Creek chasing saphires.
1470740202_20160809_200605.jpg

Cheers folks :cool:

Doug

Hey Jaros,

We were starting to think the same until we found these 3 on day 3. We didn't mind as we were getting a lot of exercise that we don't normally get. There is some nice country out there to walk around. It certainly is a great pastime. :D

Cheers
Doug

Hi folks,

Here is the photo of the specie after a soak in hydrochloric acid, a good clean by my wife then a dip in the allibrite. It certainly came up nice and was very porous which meant that the weight was down a bit more than I would of hoped, but it is still about 6.5 grams (the other 2 weighed .31 & .41) more than we had to start with.

1471864151_20160822_205547_001.jpg

It is always good to be paid to do exercise. :D

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts