Firefighter stair climb

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grunta69

Grant Stewart
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm off to melbourne to tackle (run ,walk,crawl)28 floors in full structural gear with using BA (breathing apparatus ) at the crown metro to raise money for the peter maccallum cancer foundation.goin tomoz the climbs on Sat morning.Ive been a firey (volunteer )for about seven years now and decided to do something different before the body says slow down.

I have a feeling it will be screaming it to u the following morning lol. Gutsy effort for a very worthy cause though mate, 2 thumbs up...ive been a sponsor partner with Peter Mac for a few yrs now which will have to do because i couldnt climb half that many stairs :D

Well done Grunta, you will do fine mate as long as you dont stop off at the Roulette tables! ;)

Good luck with it Grunta, it will be a great effort if you can do it. I was full time FF for 30 years so can appreciate what you are going to attempt.

Well done Grunta,

I've been a volenteer for over thirty years now. I hope ya know what you're getting into mate. I did a mock B.A. rescue one warmish arvo & had to pick up & carry another firey pretending to be passed out....... dead weight. Only had to carry him about 50 to 100 meters out of a building...... no stairs. When they stripped the BA gear off me they poured over a litre of sweat out of the suit. :eek:
At that rate mate you'll want to be drinking a few pots every second floor. :lol:
Seriously.... weigh yourself before & after.
Good luck.

Rob.

Grunta69 said:
Tomorrow I'm off to melbourne to tackle (run ,walk,crawl)28 floors in full structural gear with using BA (breathing apparatus ) at the crown metro to raise money for the peter maccallum cancer foundation.

Great stuff, worthy cause! :cool:

Hey grunta you should have put a link to your sponsorship page. Some of these rich guys might have liked to sponsor you.
I would have but I have already sponsored someone else in it.

Go go Grunta69 !!

i talk from recent experience, Peter Mac is a wonderful institution staffed by saints and angels. Sincerely I thank you for your contribution to that wonderful institution.

Casper

I've decided to try to live forever - so far so good ;)

Latest posts