field trip to old gold mine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsey

Rick
Reaction score
Here's a few pics from a trip out to an old gold with a few friends. I thought I would share them with you guys :D

1364989554_img_20130403_223919.jpg

1364989596_img_20130403_223533.jpg

1364989644_img_20130403_223316.jpg

wow that is lovely!!
Wicked photos!! Thanks!
Look at the size of the screen they were using? There must have been BIG gold around there????
If its allowed, I would still rub a coil on their rock heap!! If there's a target, it'll be big!!!

Where was that, I recon it would be great to show the kids.

Gm is right (as usual) Bugsey 'ol boy .... Get into, and under, and all around that rock pile! .. And get a load of the run on that sluice!! .. Do you know anything about the history of the mine? .. Might be a few heavy metals of the nastier variety around there too if there's a crusher site in there.

The reason why Bugsey can't disclose the details about this particular site is because its an upcoming lease that is currently under negotiation ;)

That looks very cool.
Thank you for sharing the pictures.
Would have been awesome to seen it running hey... :rolleyes:

Maybe will get pics of them running one day. Just need to talk to some people first to get permission. I know one of them still works and the other needs a bit of work to get it going. Im not to sure on the history of them will get more info when i can.

Bugger oh so its private lol. If the sluice dosnt work you could use it as a slippery slide.

Yeah sorry Pauly it is on private property but in time things might change and your kids might get to see and old trommel. :)

Yeah it is a top spot and fingers and everything else crossed it all works out just a lot of red tape in the way at the moment. :)

You got to love red tape. Good luck with it hope it comes good. I took the girls to a little open air museum at Stewart town with old farm working stuff on it and to my suprise they were interested so hopefully they will be interested in gold as well.

Latest posts