Fiberglass detector shaft

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black-Pete

Peter Blackmore
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the fiberglass upper shafts for a minelab fit the genuine minelab lower shafts and are they a good fit. As all my coils have their own minelab lower shaft it could be a wasted exercise to get a fiberglass upper if the lower minelabs don't fit very well.
Pete

They fit ok, but I ended up crushing mine in my storage box on the van. Must have had something heavy on it. Careful where you put it as there not very strong.

DD

I might have to reconsider whether I get one if they break easily. I have taken a couple of tumbles out the bush when I lost my footing on the marbles on the side of a mullock heap and landed rather heavily on the detector. If they crush then the shaft would probably fail where the lower shaft meets the upper one.
Pete

Was going to suggest pvc pipe for transporting, same as for fishing rods so it doesn't get damaged; but the being fallen on part I can't help with :(

Diggerdude said:
They fit ok, but I ended up crushing mine in my storage box on the van. Must have had something heavy on it. Careful where you put it as there not very strong.

DD

Must have been an awful big nugget you dropped on it DD. :eek: Been using them myself for a long time with zero problems..... ;)

Cheers Wal,

Latest posts