Evo coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the Nugget Finder 15" Evolution coils ,
and what settings people are running with the GPX5000
Cheers

Check out the thread in the detector accessories section. Recent testing has shown me this is probably the best all-round coil for the GPXs.

Settings can change a lot, but as a general guide, for medium soils I'll use Fine Gold, V. Slow Motion, Audio Normal, Stabilizer 11, Fixed, Gain 14.

For hotter ground, I might go Fine Gold, Slow Motion, Audio Quiet, Stabilizer 13, Gain 10

If the ground gets real bad, I'll go to Enhance and drop the gain a bit more.

Signal pretty much on 18 all the time. Tone set to suit your hearing. T Volume - I'm on about 12 with headphones.

This coil should be renamed ........................... Gold Magnet .................... from the deep goodies to the sub grammers which is exceptional for a coil it's size :D

Evolution 17x13 is a Killer coil..............the weight is surprisingly light, and I am using it as my go to coil.
1480120636_evo_first_nugget.jpg

First day out found this 2.31 gram deep, today found a .70 gram piece shaped like a long rice kernel at 7 inches easy.

GPS-GOLD how long have you been detecting
the 15 spoked is my go to coil sensitive great depth, good ground coverage regards john :)

Gday John
Sorry for the delay with the reply,
I have had my detector for about a year but havent been out as much as I would like but hoping to change that.
I have just got myself a 15" evo coil but have yet to find old yella with it
hows about yourself John how long have you been detecting for ?
Regards Graeme