Equinox 800 setting for Australian coins. Looking for suggestions/help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LORD

Jay
Reaction score
Was hoping some of the more experienced 800 user's can provide any constructive criticism to a set up I am playing around with.
I am a complete novice to the Nox not really giving it a test run yet.
I am setting up the user profile button as a dedicated detecting for coins, modern and pre decimal i can switch too.
I have used Park 2 as the base setting and changed it to 5 tones only.

All negative VDI are notched out
T1 is set from 1 to 8, Volume 5 and tone 1. Its there in the background just audable. Probrably wont dig any of these, maby if the signal is really stable for a gold ring or something?

T2 is set from 9 to 15, Volume 15 and tone 7. Again probrably wont dig many of these unless really stable.

T3 is set from 16 to 20, Volume 20 and tone 16. Should stand out against T1&T2 signals to cover 50c, 20c, and the 50% 3d / 6d

T4 is set from 21 to 25, volume 25 and tone 21. Cover $1 & $2, BB's, 925% 3d / 6d and 50% shillings plus all pennys.

T5 is set from 26 to 40, volume 25 and tone 25. Cover all florins plus 925% shillings and anything else i can dig that may be exciting!!!

Iron Bias is 0 and recovery speed ...... I am open to suggestions 5??

This will really just be for coins i guess, if i want to target jewelry i will likley switch back to the factory preset park 2.

What does that soud like ??

You sound like you already are the Equinox Boss, I use park 1 factory settings pretty much! Ill have to try setting up a user profile like yours, might make it much easier to dodge the junk!
I think you need to just get to the park and get swinging :Y:

Good luck!

Will be interested to see how you go with that setup.

All I have really done is change the T3 down to 19 so that it includes 50% sixpences. Also I turned the recovery up to 7 for bad trash areas. I like the mid tone for goldies and the like from 19 through to 30, it really grabs your attention, the higher tone is a bit weak but will still pull you up no worries.

Anyway keen to see how you go with that setup.

I mostly use park1.

Iron bias and recovery will depend on your area..For my coin mode its park 1..T1 numbers up to 15 have tone on 4 ..This rejects most junk.....T2 ..15 to 20... volume 23 tone 15....T3.. 21/22..volume 25 tone 21..This makes the goldies scream out above the rest..T4..23/40..Volume 23..tone 25..iron bias 4...Recovery 7..This is my cherry picking program..On the beach I just use factory beach 1 and 2.. :Y:

Yeah, recovery up to 7 in trashy areas is good and down to 3 or 4 will give you more depth in clean areas if you swing a bit slower. Besides that I just go on the stability of the target ID number and the length of the tone to pick coins. a coin always seems to give a short, sharp crisp tone and the ID number stays the same when you swing over it in any direction. I'm no expert so take this with a grain of salt!

Latest posts