Dry Blowers/washers in QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brother said:
Well if you work private land with the OK from land owner???.....

I work at a few sites, 1 claim, 2 mining leases, and on private farm land. I Hibank/sluice at all of these sites!

Am I breaking the law? (On the private farm land)?

As the law stands, yes you are breaking it, that is how our stupid laws are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me catogorically state, "I am no fan of QLD Fossicking Laws"

I believe they are impinging on our basic rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers
Lee

Ok so who can make me a dry blower with bellows hand lever??? I realy need one not to big i want it to be able to fold up like a sun chair to be carried like a back pack lightish for extreme distance hiking? That hard stuff can be broken up in a bucket with a cross dolly 1st tried it... :D keen on a bellow blower thanx.

Hi Yobskin,
I reckon Gcause was making a bellows style dry washer on a budget. Maybe do a search for his thread in DIY projects. Be careful though...once you start dry blowing you will never look back :D

Yep me n gcause met a lil while ago....i did question him about them top bloke...i will pm him. Dry blowing would tickle me pink mate i like getting back to basics hand lever style. Cant wait. :D

This is what you want mate....battery powered or hand powered..
1421880377_mighty_midget.png

yobskin said:
Ok so who can make me a dry blower with bellows hand lever??? I realy need one not to big i want it to be able to fold up like a sun chair to be carried like a back pack lightish for extreme distance hiking? That hard stuff can be broken up in a bucket with a cross dolly 1st tried it... :D keen on a bellow blower thanx.

Hi Yobskin,
Be careful of what you wish for ......
The hand crank model Keene unit looks ace, STILL requires 2 men to operate, one to shovel and one to crank.

As an alternative you can battery power it but then you get back to the weight issue in carrying both the dry washer and battery.

Was keen on that setup before I picked up my secondhand Medium Gold Buddy, that unit although still an issue to carry it and the blower into an area can be easily operated by 1 bloke and could handle 2 feeding it if the stuff was nice and dry and broken up.

Either way they are good at catching GOLD, put a few test pieces in with the stuff I was feeding it and they were all trapped in the 1st riffle, some finer stuff was also captured (not sure how far down bt doesn't real matter).

Either way you'll have fun,
Cheers Tom

Oh and in regard to Qld ...... do they still believe that daylight saving fades their curtains .... they're about 20 years behind in more than just Gold regulations.

Make a light weight trolley,using strong bike wheels,it will move better than carrying it.
I made mine to carry the battery in the centre of the trolley.
Regards Frank

Just did a bit of a search on them i reckon i might make my own. Trolley idea is nice but we dont have much clear flat land here....i dont want to rely on batteries ,water or fuel i can depend on me to keep working :p hahaha how hard can it be!

Where I go the country is very hilly with rocks,but with narrow light wheels,it will move very easy.
Regards Frank

gcause said:
Hi DWT,

As I understand it a Shaker is usually used for gem hunting, its a metal stake that goes into the ground and holds a sieve about a metre above the ground.

It usually has four prongs like a metal cross welded to the top of the stake to hold the sieve in.

It just saves you bending down with the sieve so you can feed it with a shovel and sieve all day.

Cheers,

Grant

Ah ! thanks mate, I thought shaker meant "Shaker Table" ! :lol:

If only it was closer hey GD? My dry blower would be copping a flogging!

You can't get any more decisive than that, government website saying you can use dry blowers...case closed! :D

Latest posts