DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now what im worried about is the Lithium Batteries... He charged then with a very large charger and used some sort of Fire proof box, but I only scored a small Charger and No fire proof box, I think it will only charge one battery at a time.. Here is the charger...
1542972304_img_0169.jpg

And the Batteries, To me there seems to be a little "puffyness' to the black insulation around them.. I have tried my best to show the swelling...
1542972439_img_0162.jpg
1542972463_img_0163.jpg

1542972526_img_0164.jpg
1542972565_img_0166.jpg
1542972600_img_0165.jpg
1542972657_img_0168.jpg

So what do you experienced Pilots think, Should I be worried? and if so how do I dispose of them the Correct way?

Yes you are correct Simmo, same Drone...

LW....

And some of his Racing Drones he built...
1542975370_img_0037.jpg

1542975399_img_0038.jpg

Im also thinking of spending a few extra $$ and getting a Devo 10 Controller with the colour screen instead of the Devo 7...

LW.....

Hey bud... dump those power houses!! Do not leave them in the house!!
I've got a couple like that, they are down the back!!
Umm salt water, drop them in... or just take them back to a recycler...
We had a gel blaster fire just a month or so ago.... far out they go up like a marine flare!!
Most importantly, whilst charging, make sure the area is fire resistant!!

Your BIL seems like he was a true enthusiast!
If you are on FaceBook, reach out to locals near you?? (I think I may have even said that back then?

And bud.... a colour screen wont make you a better operator....
I'm out on this QSL!

Cool, Done and placed outside.. Lol I have plenty of salt water around here........ My BIL used a 5 drawer tool box with charger mounted on the outside and a smoke Detector mounted on the inside of the Tool box... thanks for your help... Thought they were stuffed :bomb: ... I have been getting some lessons from a fellow from my BIL's Club and using his Batteries, But he said 'they were ok sort of but will need replacing soon'...... but I had my doubts about them...
Thanks Simmo.. :Y:

LW...

Good onya bro!
Let me tell ya, from my experiance, a smoke detector will let you know of what just happened!!
The rest is burning!!
I hate my damaged batteries!! some cost a lot, and I think 'what? did I do wrong?'
It doesn't matter... chuck em and become a Platinum member of Hobbyking like me!!

Thanks for the Advise Simmo... I don't do FaceBook. But I will look into Hobbyking and I think I have one close to me... True about Smokeys, that's what I told my BIL... He only charged them when he was working in his Drone Zone... That was the name of the room he had for his Drones... I had a lithium bat a few years ago that went off like a candle firework... Scary :poop:

LW....

We had a drone flying over our back yards yesterday Flying very low and slow. I am sure that that is ilegal. Can someone who has knowledge of the rules plse explain? :(

For a recreational pilot of a drone <2kg, it's not within 30m horizontally of a dwelling or people who're not involved with the flight.
I also had one fly over yesterday which crashed into one of my trees.
I flew the Mavic to take a look.
1544327185_drone_in_tree.jpg

I have a Gannet Bait Release system on order for drone fishing, so if the drone's still there, I'll attach a hook to the Gannet and retrieve the drone.
If the hook catches in the tree, then I'll just drop it, and try another one.

Most of us have backyard pools and this drone was maybe 20 feet above our yards. So, if it was council doing pool checks they were doing it illegally. Hmmmm?? I wonder where we stand?

Buildings are no longer mentioned in the rules, but people most definately are.
So the rule is that he must remain 30 mtrs horizontally away from people.
He cannot flyover people at no matter what height.

Even if it were a licenced RePL, he can get no closer than 15 mtrs from people, with proper approvals and redundancy systems in place. Again as a horizontal distance. Again no flying over people.

CASA state that buildings are implicitly in, as people reside in them and could step out at any moment, therefore they are included per the below:

"With regards to the 30m rule, whilst the regulation does not specifically define a prescribed distance to a building, boat, car etc., all those are associated with property owned by someone. All these objects are also associated with people in them, on them or around them, so 101.055 Hazardous Operation prohibited states:
A person must not operate an unmanned aircraft in a way that creates a hazard to another aircraft, person, or property.
When we want to apply a safe distance so that a hazard is not created, one would expect a minimum distance of 30m to be applied, due to the fact that people are associated in and around those types of objects and therefore you must maintain a minimum distance of 30m from a person.

BigWave said:
Hey Ramjet, you started this thread, so you SHOULD be up and flying!

Totally agree BigWave. $$$ are a bit tight with Xmas just around the corner. Need to get a new Tablet ASAP. Lots of things I would like to film. Got my new pup, started kayak fishing.... Love to fly over some creeks to search out likely fishing sites.....

Latest posts