Dont drink water and Drive in QLD..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously this has to be addressed and not only legislation put in place to stop this rot from continuing but written into our constitution ffs. The cotton wool brigade have alot to answer to when they take current legislation to far, I hope the officer who booked him chokes next time he/she drinks a bottle of water :mad:

Yep there always looking for ways to squeeze just that little bit more cash out of people..
You can't change your radio station either .... and don't show your vouchers on ya phone at hungry jacks drive threw as that will be a $1000 + Fine if you don't turn off your car...... At the moment you have to be seen by a cop but in the very near future they will have cameras catching you scratching ya ass ....then 3 weeks later you'll get a fine in the mail... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pretty crook...$173 for a swig of water while driving.
How come our Police can drink, eat and use their phone while driving? What about using a 2way radio mike like every truck and half of road users do?

Also, what would happen if when the driver gets handed the ticket, he looks at the fine and says out loud "$173!!!! where am I going to get the money for that?" and the Wallet Wizard pin head lands on his bonnet?

Would that be an offense, and if so who would get the fine, the driver or the Wallet Wizard pin head?

It could happen you know! :8

Fair amount of huff n puff above, we once again have only one side of the story, I wonder if the press will follow up when the case goes to court and report the findings.
if he was in fact just having a drink, had competent control of the vehicle, then yes it's a bit rough but I'm sure we have all seen the phone texters, breakfast eaters, shavers, putting make up on type drivers etc, can not have competent control of their vehicle let alone concentrating on it.

And yet....

1570688091_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Plenty of more current evidence to illustrate and reinforce the inequity in the system. Revenue gatherers unite....and join the Police!

Daniel :pickshovel:

1/ Was the car mobile?
2/ Was he conducting Police business?
3/ What is the legislation re emergency services using mobile phones while conducting business?

it's easy to sling Sh.....t at the Police, but who do you call when it hits the fan, those same people you are quick to jump on.
Many issues we have are evidenced by people's lack of respect for the uniform.

Rant Over.

Manpa,
I hear you and have great respect for most police, but like the rest of us, they have their own share of turkeys.
They are also enforcing stupid rules of nanny states.
One day, when we have driverless robo cars, we won't be able to talk with them in case they're distracted?
I think I was born 20 years too late?

Manpa said:
1/ Was the car mobile?
2/ Was he conducting Police business?
3/ What is the legislation re emergency services using mobile phones while conducting business?

it's easy to sling Sh.....t at the Police, but who do you call when it hits the fan, those same people you are quick to jump on.
Many issues we have are evidenced by people's lack of respect for the uniform.

Rant Over.

Manpa

I wore the Uniform for 10 years. I know, saw, felt, heard and enforced everything. There are many things I regret as a result, but I will stop there. The vehicle you see was mobile. We used multiple technological systems whilst mobile and some at high speed. I never crashed. Explain to me why Police are exmpt from the law they enforce and why they are beyond the prosecution they pursue?

On second thought, don't. I have heard it before.

Daniel. :pickshovel:

Hang out at Crosby Rd, McDonalds in Albion, Brisbane at around 7.30 am and you will see a quarter of a million dollars worth of resources having hash browns and coffee for an hour. Every day.

It is overt, routine, but thankfully not drive through.

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel:

Manpa said:
Fair amount of huff n puff above, we once again have only one side of the story, I wonder if the press will follow up when the case goes to court and report the findings.
if he was in fact just having a drink, had competent control of the vehicle, then yes it's a bit rough but I'm sure we have all seen the phone texters, breakfast eaters, shavers, putting make up on type drivers etc, can not have competent control of their vehicle let alone concentrating on it.
"had competent control of the vehicle" I guess is the issue (there is nothing prohibited about having a drink, just how you do it). "Inadequate care and attention" was the charge, and I do see people doing that all the time, right down to putting on lipstick and reading a paper spread on their steering wheel. I'll reserve judgement as I think there is a tendency to jump on police before we have all the facts. They stated that if they saw someone staying in their lane and driving safely while having a quick drink, they would not consider it an offence. I wasn't there....

Even his Boss is not happy about it , so I would say it won't go any further... :/

As for Cops, they are Exempt under the Emergency Services Act(here in QLD) while on Duty to use a Mobile Phone...

I think Ambo's are too.. Each State will have their own Approval Method I would say...

39deg day and no water imagine the outcome with a very dehydrated driver on their roads..

Some things are just plain Stupid in this State sometimes... :awful:

LW...

Latest posts