Deus in the red dirt of central NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Detecting in the red dirt whilst away, but didnt really consider the effects of mineralisation in red soil. My pinpointer would false in the soil, even in the soil removed from the hole. My pinpointer has worked fine, in ground where the even garret at will false, so I assume these soils are highly mineralised? Anyway, the Deus handled the conditions perfectly, and even amongst iron it pinged good targets.

Nice Greg, I saw some of those finds on FB.
Check the Mineralisation bar at the right hand side of the screen and that will give you an idea of what your working with.

Manual ground balancing and using the ground notch feature are good ways to minimise the affects of mineralised soils.

Great that you had no drama out there and got some good finds, we must have been close I was at Burrendong Dam weekend before this one.
Had some fun ion the red soil myself but that damn Yella stuff eluded me again. LOL

Happy hunting mate

I never look at the mineralisation bar, keep forgetting it exists. What I normally do, is match the GB to what the deus recommends. Have tried tracking, seems to work well, and pumping seems to give the same results, as the deus reads anyway? Still something I need to investigate more, is this GB stuff.

rocketaroo said:
silver said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16007
Amazing machine, is it exactly the same as the one up for grabs at the end of the year for the FOM & the COM Comp here on PA ( Plug Plug ) ? :D

You might win it S! Try and detect more often ;)
Thanks RKT :lol: , just the motivational stimulation I need ,.... would need some ripper find to top all the winners so far, gunna be good to see the comps pan out at the end of the year, that's for sure ! :D 8) 8)

Sounds like the tracking was handling it nicely Rocket. Sometimes it's not straight up medium-high mineralised soil that will cause the really nasty problems like mineralised and magnetic combined soils will. Learning to GB properly is good to know when your dealing with mineralisation.

Latest posts