Defect 3.5mm minijack-connector / how to fix?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix a 3.5mm minijack connector (from a chinese MD3010II).

The jack have newer worked but when I turn a minijack / headphones inside only half the way I hear the sound so I think it can be fixed.. but Im not sure :)

Is it perhaps possible to change the "chip" that the 3.5mm mount is on? or what is it that make no sound when I put the jack all way in but when I take it only half way and hold it there I can hear sound.. somthing loose connection when I turn it all way in I think.. Can i perhaps twin the cable +- to get sound? Im not an electrician... :)

Attacted pictures of the chip that connect 3.5mm jack

copy.co*/B2InVvIvzoKqGxqw
copy.co*/v9ZIJ31H809gCPzI

PS, tryed a mono to stereo jack with no luck also... and several headphones so the problem is the female jack..

Yeah you'll probably need to remove the old jack and solder a new one in there. TV repair place would be able to sort it out for you if its not something you are able to do.

Think I perhaps could replace and solder a new one if I knew what to buy.. :)

Could u help me find a minijack connector or what its called from ebay? that would fit the old one..

Not without seeing it unfortunately. Is it soldered directly to the PCB or is it a panel mount?

From Norway :)

but did u see the picture i attached? (the circut-board thats attached to the minijack is about 2,5cm long and 1.5cm wide)

copy.co*/B2InVvIvzoKqGxqw
copy.co*/v9ZIJ31H809gCPzI

*=m (got a message that I was not allowed to attach links so I did it this way)..

Hi!

I removed the plug now and took a cupple of pictures of the solder.. the cables is a bit short so I could not take it compleatly out.. but there is 4 cables connected i see.

copy.co*/ldNqnkP8SSc7EpTR
copy.co*/A1nUiZmP9fPLqAW3

*=m

one thing..

Can i try to "short-circuit" the solder together with a wire without destroying the unit? to test if I get the "ping" from my headset while I try with the wire around the solder.. or is that risky to destroy the detector?

Latest posts