CTX minimum length?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been having great success with my Xterra 705 and am looking to invest into this hobby further by perhaps purchasing a CTX 3030.
A drawback I have is that studying in Sydney without a vehicle means I bus to where I need to go (beaches). To be mobile like this I pack up my 705 into a dedicated backpack and assemble and disassemble on site.

My question is for those that own a CTX (I can't find this information on the Minelab etc websites) is what is the CTX's length when fully compressed or with the lower shaft/coil separated? I just need a reference to whether I can continue to be this mobile with an upgraded treasure detector.

Thanking you in advance!

According to official specs, the minimum length is 940mm. If you remove the coil, lower shaft and control box, it should significantly cut down the length by a fair bit for transport. Check you tube for Nenad's "Getting started with the CTX3030" clip, that should give you a better idea of how long the different sections are during the assembly procedure. :)

Latest posts