Cryptocurrency mega thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in the bitcoins thread by mistake, think it's relevant information some here should be aware of,

6 billion tron was sold by a user today, which amounts to around 300million. there's speculation that it was Justin the CEO so of course everyone's screaming scam, nothing has been confirmed yet.

On a side note I just bought 500 Siacoins @12c each and am going to hold onto those. Their deal is they allow people to "rent" out hard drive space for others to use as cloud storage but you only ever hold a faction of one persons/companies data and only the user has the keys, so seemingly pretty secure. Also their prices are 10x cheaper than other cloud services offered at the moment.
Has potential

DetectingSA said:
6 billion tron was sold by a user today, which amounts to around 300million. there's speculation that it was Justin the CEO so of course everyone's screaming scam, nothing has been confirmed yet.
That was from a few days or so ago? Justin Sun said the sale was from a larger investor not him? Who really knows - it's an issue with these things as you really don't know what is going on behind the scenes or how legitimate their philosophy/business overview is hence why I believe many are little more than ponzi schemes i.e. not legitimate business ideas. Even some who promote cryptos agree some are just plain ludicrous. The developers of Dogecoin seem to be almost apologetic about it as it was created for a joke & topped $2billion.
Jackson Palmer (co-founder Dogecoin) said:
March:
"New features aren't being implemented into dogecoin because there's no active development anymore,"
Last week:
"It says a lot about the state of the cryptocurrency space in general that a currency with a dog on it which hasn't released a software update in over 2 years has a $1B+ market cap,"
I also believe there are legitimate cryptos out there to. I'd be surprised if Justin Sun was the mystery seller of the TRX but then big bags of money do strange things to people.

Thing with Dogecoin is that it is one of only 3 crypto's that coinspot will allow to be transferred into it's exchange.

Even though only set up as a joke it has actually become a quite accepted form of payment.

Currently we only support DOGE, BTC and LTC inbound transactions.

You can go to each of these Wallets and generate an address.

Once you have this wallet address, you can send coins into CoinSpot using that as the payment address.

Do not send any currencies that aren't the specific currency of the wallet you generated the address for.

https://coinspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/333757018236-How-do-I-send-coins-into-CoinSpot-

Moneybox said:
I got a bit of advice from DropBear so we decided to give it a go. Unfortunately Coinspot seems to be a bit of a problem right now so I took a look around to see where I could buy Ripple. I signed up with etoro but found out that we were only offered CFD's and my past record on CFD's is not good. Anyway I threw a few dollars at it and as usual my buy should have been a sell :N:

Anyway all was not lost so after looking into etoro further I like to look of their copy trading. You can look into the profile and trading history of a professional trader and after selecting a good one simply copy them. It's as simple as throw some money in and press Copy and the program does the rest.

First I selected a guy with good returns and few loses and invested $1040 there. It's been a couple of days and I'm holding my breath at $9.40 ahead...I'm on my way to financial freedom ]:D

After cashing in my life insurance (I decided I won't need that after I'm gone) I paid a chunk of the mortgage and then swiftly removed a bit to have a crack at Copy Funds. I wanted to put $1000 in but the minimum was $5000 so after a few stern words from Mrs M I bit the bullet. Nearly one day down and we're -$280.89 down. Never mind there was only two ways for it to go and Mrs M told me which way it was sure to head so no surprises there :eek:

Mate,
If you really want to put some coin into Crypto's, sign up to Coinjar it's very easy to put $ in & take $ out using the swipe card, once your onto coinjar this is where you buy BTC, ETH, Ripple or LTC, then if you want to trade any other coins go to Bittrex or Binance.

Or have another look at the PM I sent you, always happy to help out.

Lets all improve our financial position ;)
cheers
Lee

Hey lee,
You seem to have your head around this. Could you lay it out in point form how to set up and get started ?

madhatter said:
Hey lee,
You seem to have your head around this. Could you lay it out in point form how to set up and get started ?

To get started,
Go to Coinjar (I recommend this as it is easy to use & has a swipe card for use at most ATM's) go through the register & signup procedure, Coinjar is where you put AUD in & then purchase BTC, ETH, EXP or LTC, you can either just sit on these or by using BTC or ETH send to an exchange to use for purchasing ALT coins.
Exchanges I use are Bittrex & Binance, you will need to go through the register & sign up on these exchanges.

If you want to PM me I'm happy to explain what I have done which has worked for me, not giving advice just examples of options available.

cheers
Lee

Heatho said:
I'm up 9% on my first day so far which absorbed the fees I paid too. Bought $250 worth of Litecoin from Coinbase just to get me in the game as they have very fast authentication, though only a $250 per week limit. Then I transferred that to Coinspot, I then spent half on Siacoin and half on Dogecoin. Not a bad introduction to see how it all works. Pretty keen to get my coinspot account verified so I can transfer more moolah into it.

How did you manage to get authenticated mate? I've been trying for a while and nothing...

Hey Art, you can transfer into coinspot, Litecoin, Dogecoin or Bitcoin from other exchanges without being fully verified. I set up an account at Coinbase and transferred LTC across from there. You can only buy $250 worth a week at Coinbase to start but it's better than nothing.

You only need to be verified at Coinspot to trade back and forth between your bank with Aussie dollars. I will need to be verified before I can send any cash back to my bank account.

Cheers

Heatho said:
Hey Art, you can transfer into coinspot, Litecoin, Dogecoin or Bitcoin from other exchanges without being fully verified. I set up an account at Coinbase and transferred LTC across from there. You can only buy $250 worth a week at Coinbase to start but it's better than nothing.

You only need to be verified at Coinspot to trade back and forth between your bank with Aussie dollars. I will need to be verified before I can send any cash back to my bank account.

Cheers

Yep.... this was the way for me too.

Mackka said:
I sincerely wish all you blokes the best of luck with your investments.
Mackka

Any fool can make money in a bear market but in the last few days most cryptos have see a correction. This is when you see everybody struggling to sort the wheat from the charf. The only reason many have made a lot of money is because the crypto market in general has been rising at a rapid rate. Not too much knowledge, experience or luck required here.

I've done enough study on the stock market to realise that there's no long term easy money. In a normal market you have to know when to buy, sell or hold and the study required means for me to do a decent job of trading it has to be a full time job. I don't want a full time job. That's why I've decided to give etoro a go using copy trading. I just invest the money and let somebody with a better track record than me do the trading.

How am I going? Well I'm only $280 down in about three days but we are right in the middle of a market correction. I'm happy to hold on a see where it takes me :| :) :( :eek: :/ :p :lol: 8.( ]:D

Moneybox said:
Mackka said:
I sincerely wish all you blokes the best of luck with your investments.
Mackka

Any fool can make money in a bear market but in the last few days most cryptos have see a correction. This is when you see everybody struggling to sort the wheat from the charf. The only reason many have made a lot of money is because the crypto market in general has been rising at a rapid rate. Not too much knowledge, experience or luck required here.

I've done enough study on the stock market to realise that there's no long term easy money. In a normal market you have to know when to buy, sell or hold and the study required means for me to do a decent job of trading it has to be a full time job. I don't want a full time job. That's why I've decided to give etoro a go using copy trading. I just invest the money and let somebody with a better track record than me do the trading.

How am I going? Well I'm only $280 down in about three days but we are right in the middle of a market correction. I'm happy to hold on a see where it takes me :| :) :( :eek: :/ :p :lol: 8.( ]:D

Its important to know the bulls from the bears :p

.04% loss so far.
MB, I invested $14,000 in a stock market program and lost the lot in 12 months, that put a real sour taste in my mouth for future investment in stocks or anything resembling it.
I do however admire those that are prepared to take risks, that was my reasoning for offering my best wishes, as I do to you and Sandra.
It is an interesting topic and I watch ( from a distance) with great interest.
Cheers
Mackka :Y:

I've dabbled over the years. My first attempt, I purchased some really nice Bond Corp shares. Those days you actually received a share certificate but unfortunately I lost those with a bad marriage. Allan Bond ended up in gaol but they would have been collectors items these days :)

Then I paid for tuition and purchased some very nice software. If I put the time and effort into a particular stock, future or CFD I could actually come away with a reasonable result the majority of the time. The problem is always that I never have the time to study the market properly so often jump in and get burned.

Many years ago I placed a trade in Norseman and headed east. I didn't realise how bad the reception was across the Nullarbor. By the time I arrived in Port Augusta I was in a state of panic. I called up the broker and said "Get me out of that trade". What a pleasant surprise, I was up $11,000. If I'd have been watching it I would have most likely jumped in and out a few times over those few days and could have lost my shirt. As it was my research was good and the reason the trade worked was that I had no control over it. I studied another for the return journey and made $6000 coming home but it was the most nerve racking trip I've ever had crossing the country.

If we could take the emotion out of trading and use the tools as they are designed to be used there's money to be made in almost any market. The problem is twofold. Firstly you need to study a market that you wish to trade and know it well. Next you need to have what it takes to stick to the plan. That's where most of us fail :(

My last trade on ETH = 33% profit, I expected a 10% drop just after this but it kept going up, looking for a dip to get back in 10% below my last sell price.
cheers
Lee

Latest posts