Crash

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the big question is what went wrong she is going 3 times faster than the other cars cornering brakes of throttle problems maybe hope she pulls thru as wishfull asked if the wall wasn't there she might be still going

savage bitter said:
the big question is what went wrong she is going 3 times faster than the other cars cornering brakes of throttle problems maybe hope she pulls thru as wishfull asked if the wall wasn't there she might be still going
Is there any video from anouther angle ? Maybe explain how she got launched so far.

She apparently clipped another car at high speed further back which threw her car into the air so she couldn't brake hence the high speed,the second car she hit just launched her higher into the air.You can see this in the video above,she was already airborne when she hits the yellow car.

I don't understand why she was going so fast ?, Even clipping another way back would of slowed her down a bit, When she hit that last car she was absolutely flying, So much so if you blink you miss going in to the stand,

Poor Kid, that has to be one of the fastest crashes ever filmed.

There is speculation that a flag marshal was incorrectly waving a yellow flag. This is currently being investigated.
The macau street circuit has a bad reputation for accidents and there has been a number of deaths there in recent years.

The accident cause.
Although Floerschs accident was not caught by the events official television cameras, footage of the incident quickly emerged on social media as fans around the track posted their videos online.
The accident was triggered by Floersch running in to the back of Jehan Daruvala who according to the following Guan Yu Zhou appeared to slow for yellow warning flags
The Chinese driver said: Sophia was really close to Jehan, so when Jehan braked early she had no time to react. She hit Jehans right-rear, and that spun her around straight into Lisboa (corner), and she flew into the other car.
The clash with Daruvala was enough to spear Floersch to the right, where she struck the crash barriers which ripped the left hand side wheels off her car.
At the very moment she should have been slowing, she was effectively left without brakes so ran at unabated sped towards Lisboa. Speed trap figures registered her at 276.2km/h.

Update - as mentioned in a previous post - Teenage Formula Three driver Sophia Floersch has had successful surgery with no fear of paralysis after a horrific aerial crash at the Macau Grand Prix, her team boss has confirmed.

I watched the race 'live'.... As 'other' drivers have said, 'You will kiss Lisboa at least once in your career'...... I have seen the crash from 4 different angles and it appears they could be correct with your report Chiron,.. Still early days yet... 3 People have been killed in 3yrs on that 'Racetrack'....
After 7 hrs of Surgery She will make a full recovery and is keen to get back racing... :flowers:

LW....

Jammed throttle for sure and in open wheelers if you touch tyres you will be launched..... V8's this week-end.... Go Scotty...

:) Good to be Welcome Somewhere... :Y: O:

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Jammed throttle for sure and in open wheelers if you touch tyres you will be launched..... V8's this week-end.... Go Scotty...

:) Good to be Welcome Somewhere... :Y: O:

LW....

I used to be the merchandise manager for this team and traveled around the V8 circuits for a few years back in the late 90's. They raced with the Superbikes then too.
You've never known a 'oh :poop: moment' until your team wins Bathurst and about 80,000 drunk people come to your merchandise stand to buy the winning team's merchandise after the race - and you run out... Someone offered me $100 for the t-shirt I was wearing! He got a lot of cheering support for the idea - but sorry fellas!
That's one day I'll never forget! Or the celebrations at the Leagues Club with the team that night! Awesome times... :D

1542814364_wynns.jpg

Latest posts