Confessions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Granted haven't been out as much as I would like but have been a bit and in saying that were I have been going is known as a somewhat hard spot to find gold even tho one of the guys seems to just tip over gold when we are there

It's been like forever since I found a silver Crown ,... actually it is forever, I've not found one yet Jamie, EVER ! :eek:
Ain't for the want of trying either. :(

jamie said:
Granted haven't been out as much as I would like but have been a bit and in saying that were I have been going is known as a somewhat hard spot to find gold even tho one of the guys seems to just tip over gold when we are there
Maybe get your detector checked? If your mate finds it and you don't there could be a problem, OR you have been smashing too many mirrors.
You could always do a bit of panning, you won't find much but it's still gold.

G'day Jamie,
What coils are you using?
A good all round coil would be a NF 12" evo or the NF 14x9 Evo coil or the cheaper option in the coiltek elites.

I feel your pain, I haven't been out myself for over a month.

Maybe in this weather it's better to get wet and go crevicing or highbanking, this way there's some colour to get the motivation back up.

Best of luck for 2017 Jamie, if your out there it'll happen. Could be worth trying a new spot without your mate ;)

Using the 4500 with the coiltek 14in elite, I know it is picking up gold cause on my last trip I checked a signal for another mate before he dug it and he found a "nugget" was tiny but a nugget all the same, our spot is a 2.5hr drive for me our other mate the one that finds heaps only lives 10mins away from the spot so is out every 2 to 3 days, but this is going to be my year of great finds just got to make it happen :D

Cheers GaryO, yeah was a bit of a shock but with the change of job I have weekends now so can get away more and do plan on doing that
How are you going with the 4500?

I have let the side down by not going out at all since Hill End.
Rather dry in the Gold department. 8.( :8
But,
The Tuena trip could change that.
Bring it on. :D :D :D

jamie said:
Cheers GaryO, yeah was a bit of a shock but with the change of job I have weekends now so can get away more and do plan on doing that
Ive only been out once with it but snagged a piece so dying to get some more time to go out.

GaryO said:
jamie said:
Ive only been out once with it but snagged a piece so dying to get some more time to go out.

Don't be dying for time GaryO there won't be any left if you do :eek: :lol:

GaryO said:
jamie said:
Well done mate, bit like myself first time out with the 4500 and got gold, again well done
Doug we need to catch up again soon and hit our little spot, been too long

My name is Andy.
I've just spent 6 days in the Vic GT and didn't find ANY gold.
Please forgive my sin.
However, had a great time catching up with PA members and non-PA detectorists. One non-member I met had recently found 600g in WA.
It was also a challenge camping and battling the elements ..... Rain, heat, high humidity. It was a challenge of endurance, but great fun. Nothing compared to what the old timers endured. I did think of them a few times when I thought I was beat, and they spurred me on.
A little down on my luck, but certainly undeterred. I'll be back with a vengeance.
Cheers
The forever optimist - Andy

Latest posts