Coles Bridge, Turondale NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, we know it's gonna be COLD but after Tuena we are going to Coles Bridge....can anyone shed some light on the GPS coordinates for camping. I've spent most of the morning looking through old Posts - I know I saw something the other day - but can't find it now. Yes we have thermals!!! oh, and gloves etc.... Any help really appreciated. HAPPY EASTER everyone. Hope you don't get 'egg bound' :lol:

Don't worry anyone, I've managed to google it...just wanted to know where the best spot to camp was. Funny - it directed me back to Prospecting Australia ;)

www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6047

3 days ago - 1 post - 1 author
Ditherer & Son Camping at Coles Bridge April 13-15. The Ditherer and I had planned a trip to see what all the fuss was about at Coles Bridge.

Coles Bridge (Page 1) / General Chat / Prospecting ...

1 post

19 Apr 2014

camping spots near sofala (Page 1) / Camping ...

3 posts

15 Nov 2013

More results from www.prospectingaustralia.com

Can anybody advise me what the Turondale Rd from Hill End Rd to Bathurst is like for towing a small caravan please? Looking at Google Earth, it looks like its sealed all of the way and doesnt look too challenging.

Also is there a camping spot at Coles Bridge where I could pull over for a night or three to do some panning?

I can tell you that that road is better than the Sofalla Road.
And 15kl's shorter than Sofalla Road
Cannot tell you about Coles Bridge.
IT does get a little windy in a few places but as usual, Take it
easy and you will be fine.
I went that way to Hill End last week and loved it.
And I tow a Van at times. :) :)
I would prefer it to going Via Sofalla.

Probably won't make it through the trees heading north from coles bridge but going in from the sofala side you can get almost the whole way. But there are easy camp spots at coles bridge

Mate you will have no trouble with that Road...There is a camp site on the western side of the Turon River(Bathurst side). There are no facilities, save a rubbish bin. :rolleyes: Many people stop there for a bit of a pan on their way to other more productive places...but in saying that one can almost always find a little colour there.Try crevicing in bed-rock locations...but going up the banks there are still pockets of secondary deposits to be had.Good luck with it mate.....Rossco.

Latest posts