Coen mother LODE ????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all there is a rumor up here in weipa but now I'm making it hot gossip, about 2 weeks ago 2 men were rumoured to have been trying to get a flight back to cairns urgently after finding some gold ,unfortunately Qantas wasn't able to accommodate the lucky men as their cargo was "too much". It's not known if it the weight of there cargo or the value of it was the too much.......so with out hesitation they turned on their heels and hired a car across the the airport and drove out probably with the biggest grins ever....

Now, where u ask.

well...........
On Saturday I heard an updated rumour that it was two grader operators who quit on the spot and they were around Coen and have applied for an exploration lease and their booty they took was valued at just over 1 million dollars ....

What are the implications of
1. No fossickers license signed with permission
2. Only being able to use hand tools to obtain gold on a fossickers licence with permission if the gold was unearthed by the grader

bradmcrae54 said:
What are the implications of
1. No fossickers license signed with permission
2. Only being able to use hand tools to obtain gold on a fossickers licence with permission if the gold was unearthed by the grader

Refer to Murphy's Golden Rule.......

Is there a way you can look up exploration lease applications to see if there is any truth in the rumour? Sounds amazing.

I was out the wedlock a month ago and found two seams of quartz about 4" wide 30 meters long and 5 meters apart , all in a black rock I think is igneous , my detector went off only the northern end not screaming but a nice noise , I was ecstatic enough to swing my 1 foot pick so hard the head flew off then I packed up n went home , should I quit work too and boot leg it or should I get an exploration lease to ( any ideas on how much that would cost would be nice)

Id be taking samples first before rushing out for an EL, there might be a tiny amount of some mineral that set your coil off, or, it could be gold at its pinch out point in the reef and you might find that it dosnt show up again for hundreds of meters down.
Caught the old timers out plenty, the old hour glass effect :mad:
Some examples of this are where you see the old timers have a stope running all the way to the surface, that would of been a good run of grade, and 100 meters away, nothing, the ore body simply pinched out, follow it along for another 100meters or so and you find where they have stoped all the way to the surface again, and so on, this also happens vertically as well, ive seen faces in underground development ore drives with an ore body up to a meter wide, 5-6 cuts later, nothing but waste. :mad:

The knowledge buy far, out weighs the the value of gold thanks I will have another look from another perspective

DWT - spot on. Poverty Reef up at Tarnagulla is a classic example for the old timers hit/miss/hit/miss and the Tarnagulla Gold Project mining was until recently still trying to follow the lead up towards Greek Reef and then across towards the Great Western as it crosses the road. Fickle beasts quartz leads.

imagine how many of these we just never hear about ;)

now check out who is currently looking to hire two grader operators up that way , and ask what is the GPS location .........

;P)

Most road projects I have worked on have a clause that render the finding of artifacts or precious minerals as being the property/ownership of the Client. 8.(

Wally69 said:
Most road projects I have worked on have a clause that render the finding of artifacts or precious minerals as being the property/ownership of the Client. 8.(
The same went for every diving contract i went on, 2nd part of the clause stated "any artifact, jewels, precious metals, or cache, is and remains the property of the client" :mad:
Stumbled across a old pearl lugger one day on the NW coast WA................ :mad: 8.( 8.( :mad:
Needless to say what was found in it, OMFG :eek::mad:, and of course, just in case you missed it :mad:

Yeah, I will ask around also, I know a few blokes who work up that way..

There is a clause about lucky finds in the mining regs on the fossicking web page. I think they could keep it as it would be deemed a lucky find, kinda like the guy back in victoria a few years back who hit a rock grading verges on the highway, turned out to be a substantial nugget.

Cheers, Tone