Clear/ black quartz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys i have dug up some clear crystal like quartz and also piesed that are black. Is this anything to be excited about in the mesns of finding gold near by?

Not seeing it, but if you have what you say, buy a book on gems, gold May or may not be present in the area, but hey,mif you can t have cheesecake,take the carat cake on offer

i think i remember reading some where that the conditions to create black quartz are the same needed to form plutonium/uranium???........ Another forum member who KNOWS there sh!t will be along shortly...

G'Day

Smokey quartz is indeed caused by radioctivity, as the radioactivity destroyesa the silcon dioxide crystal lattice so that light goes in and effectively bounces around inside the distorted internal crystal structure and does not emerge. You do not need a uranium deposit to do this. radioactive decay of potassium in some feldspars in some parts of a granite will do that if there are open veins within the granite where large crystals can grow. If you have smokey quartz within a part of a granite do not make a mud brick house from the soil there as you will end up filling it up with radon - a radioactive gas - not a good deal if you plan to live a long time.

Araluen

If anyone could put these pictures up for me i can picture message the images to you from my iphone??? I have 3 sample pictures.. Just private message me your mobile number.

From Ziggyv27

1389611096_020.jpg

1389611113_019.jpg

1389611128_018.jpg

My mining partner ran over a 3 metre square patch with his rotary hoe in the middle of his paddock. We just washed this stuff from the surface after cricket training with a tooth brush. Apparently he has found some very intersting looking crystal things aswell?!

We dont really know what we are looking for...? We are just out of mount compass S.A so if there is any sort of things relative to the area??? We dont know

1390195149_img_0473-optimized.png

snap chat my friend sent me today, this is from the spot.. anyone know what this is?

Latest posts