Chewy's Video's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set up is good can run flat stick with the pump and that Highbanker....The angle is good as well and as Jin said the Gold will catch in the top mesh layer I have same setup but bottom is Hungarian Riffles....And yes add some of the inlet hose to the layflat to get rid of kinks which gives more flow that way you can run your pump at half mast to save on petrol wastage....

With my Wal Banker I run mine at a bit over 1/4 Throttle.
That is if I am not pumping up hill and no kinks in the lay flat.
May be different with yours Chewy as your banker is a bit wider to get 10mm of water running over your mesh/matting but
what these little pumps can do amaze me at times. :) :)
Just carry a few new Spark Plugs and starter cord.
Good Luck. :D
Just watched the video. :)
Yes, Your hose has too many kink's in it and you will not need that amount of suction hose.
I have 2.5 Meters on mine and at times I find that a bit too long but, Best a bit to long than 6 inch's to short. :8
You definitely need some more H20 running through and that will vary accordingly to the material you are processing.
All up that is a very nice setup and I doubt if you will be disappointed mate. :cool:
Now, Get out there and enjoy it.
I would like to see you with your first picker.
Priceless. :lol:

Tathradj said:
With my Wal Banker I run mine at a bit over 1/4 Throttle.
That is if I am not pumping up hill and no kinks in the lay flat.
May be different with yours Chewy as your banker is a bit wider to get 10mm of water running over your mesh/matting but
what these little pumps can do amaze me at times. :) :)
Just carry a few new Spark Plugs and starter cord.
Good Luck. :D
Just watched the video. :)
Yes, Your hose has too many kink's in it and you will not need that amount of suction hose.
I have 2.5 Meters on mine and at times I find that a bit too long but, Best a bit to long than 6 inch's to short. :8
You definitely need some more H20 running through and that will vary accordingly to the material you are processing.
All up that is a very nice setup and I doubt if you will be disappointed mate. :cool:
Now, Get out there and enjoy it.
I would like to see you with your first picker.
Priceless. :lol:
Thanks for the advice, it all makes sense. A little shorter on the intake, and slip in some of that hose between the hibanker and lay flat. I never thought about spare cord and plugs. Cheers Andy. :)

MJB said:
any clean-up yet Chewy??
Well, I started......I've discovered my panning skills suck donkey bollocks. Run some thru the miners wheel last night b4 I went out to a mates place for Tuesday night drinkies. Haven't checked the cup yet. But I'll stick the battery on the charger and fire it up again later today.

Chewy I have seen people use stakes with v shape at the top to run the lay flat over to support it near the banker to avoid some off the kink. Just hammer them in to get a gradual rise.

You will figure it out by running material. Experience will teach you if you pay attention to what the box is telling you. As you move around you'll find that the material changes. These changes (more clay, smaller gravel, sand etc...) all will require different settings. Also, just because you are not capturing gold doesn't mean that it is not set up correctly. I have run many many; did I say many buckets where no gold was found... If you're finding black sand, lead and other heavy material you're on the right path. The one for sure thing that will help you find more gold... is to run more material!

RotGrub said:
You will figure it out by running material. Experience will teach you if you pay attention to what the box is telling you. As you move around you'll find that the material changes. These changes (more clay, smaller gravel, sand etc...) all will require different settings. Also, just because you are not capturing gold doesn't mean that it is not set up correctly. I have run many many; did I say many buckets where no gold was found... If you're finding black sand, lead and other heavy material you're on the right path. The one for sure thing that will help you find more gold... is to run more material!
Hi Rotgrub, and welcome to the forum, thanks for the advice. I am beginning to see what you mean by different material needs a slightly different set up. Experience is a key player, and after my first run, I have learnt a few things about my set up that will help for the next time around. Think I'm gunna run the tailings thru again on the weekend and run it flat out with a cpl of mods to the hoses. By the way, love what you're getting up to over there, looks like a great idea. Cheers Andy.

GaryO said:
Chewy I have seen people use stakes with v shape at the top to run the lay flat over to support it near the banker to avoid some off the kink. Just hammer them in to get a gradual rise.
Thanks GaryO, good idea that, might have to Mcgyver something into being. :)

Chewy said:
RotGrub said:
Hi Rotgrub, and welcome to the forum, thanks for the advice. I am beginning to see what you mean by different material needs a slightly different set up. Experience is a key player, and after my first run, I have learnt a few things about my set up that will help for the next time around. Think I'm gunna run the tailings thru again on the weekend and run it flat out with a cpl of mods to the hoses. By the way, love what you're getting up to over there, looks like a great idea. Cheers Andy.

Chewy, I would not get too caught up with running your tailings. Focus on prospecting / sampling to identify the best ground. These hignbankers do a good job of capturing gold even if it is not perfectly set up. Now if you're in a area where its know for small flour gold with little chance for even small nuggets then that would change the whole process. If this is the case I would first move to new ground where larger gold is present, if that's not an option then you need to verify the matrix material that is to be run. You may have to pre classify down to 1/4" or less before you run the material. Then you would want to set the HB slower to clean something like 70-80% of the material run. I would classify a few pans down to something like a #12 or 20 mesh and see what you find. If there is just a few tiny specs I would move to better ground.

Latest posts