Cardiac Arrest.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew, that WAS a close call for you. I guess nobody is immune from it and you were indeed very lucky.

All the best mate.

davent said:
Good to hear you have a positive prognosis, Im now day 8 no smokes, none, cold turkey....I gave due to a friend donating a kidney to her brother....he died anyway, smoking related.
Now I read this, it helps no end .....all the best to you Reefer!

Well done Dave :Y: , My mum smoked 2 packs a day and gave up and went cold turkey.... Never touched them again... Some can do it But man oh man it's hard for some.(Me)...

LW....

I smoked for over 25years. Tried many times to give up but most of the blokes around me at work were smokers.
One day I met a nice lady who didn't like the smell of tobacco. So I promised never to smoke again. AND I DIDN'T!
My secret ...... toothpicks - the round ones - keep a few in your pocket and when you feel like a smoke - grab a 'pick.
Hold in your hand - in and out of your mouth - chew on them, suck on them .........
Just like having a smoke - something in your hand and something to shove in your gob. It works. :Y:

PS - the lady didn't stay around very long but I haven't smoked now for over 20 years. :D

davent said:
Good to hear you have a positive prognosis, Im now day 8 no smokes, none, cold turkey....I gave due to a friend donating a kidney to her brother....he died anyway, smoking related.
Now I read this, it helps no end .....all the best to you Reefer!

Cold turkey really is the best way. I smoked for 30 years, I'm 45 now and have lost 45% of my lung capacity to emphysema...... So there's some more encouragement for ya. :Y:

Hehe!...I am overwhelmed with the support and good will coming my way as a result of my brush with the after-life! :eek: ...both on the forum and from my family members and friends.I would have to agree with those who are still battling with throwing the fags away that it is probably the hardest thing to do but I really don't have much choice if I wish to continue to fossick and enjoy the 'free life of a rover'!......I think also that I have a responsibility to my gran-chiluns, my chiluns and my wife and siblings and all my family and friends to look after the temple of my soul...my body....for as long as I'm physically able....After all is said and done ...none of us know the day when we will take our last breath...all we can do is to live life to the fullest extent that we can... and know that we played a part in the human experience that we all share ...and of which we call 'life'...and if certain aspects of ..'my life' makes a certain difference for the better in 'your life'...then ..'my life' has been one, well lived. ]:D

Gosh Reefer, those words late in the post are almost prose. You sure have a gift for the use of words.

I hope you get back out soon and have a great life. The old lady next door gave up the fags after having a quadruple bypass almost 30 years ago and she is now 91, so there is lots of life left in you yet.

Rob P

Well PabloP...I was just speaking from my heart to whoever was listening! :p Yes!...there is a life after a heart-attack and I fully intend to grab it with both hands and wring it's bloody neck! :p ]:D ...30 more years of prospecting would sound about right for me as well mate.... :Y: :lol:

All the best reefer! Just over a bad week with the old ticker my self! Was stunned to read this! I was keeping it quiet, almost. I must say, I did feel very alone in that bed, even with all the fuss about me, time went strange, in and out? (For me anyway) Its not a nice experience at all. Makes you re-think things.

Stay on that high path, peace and love to you and your mob reefer.
Rob

Stru said:
Heres to future fine health for you reefer. I hope the ambos catch a glimpse of this thread to feel your appreciation and ongoing zest for life

Now there's an idea reefer put pen to paper and script the Ambo's and Paramedics an appreciation poem :Y:. Those of us who enjoy your work will back it in the Ambo's and Paramedics will as well. Might be worth finding out who was on duty so you can give each of them a signed copy :Y: it'll also help you feel better no doubt.

Reefer I read your story someplace else in this forum. You are one lucky person and I wish you all the best with your recovery

Brother!..those feelings you were having of isolation, confusion and the fear of what might come next were almost all consuming..but at least I had the hand of my dear wife throughout my ordeal...I would not have coped at all well if I had been alone!...It was later...at some ungodly hour, when my wife had gone home to sleep and I was left to ponder my fate ...That I struggled to make sense of what had taken place...every breath I took..reminded me of how carelessly I had treated my body...nurses pok'in things into me ... guilty dreams, beeps, lights...blackness...dawn....you know what I Mean Mate. :N: So pleased to hear my friend ..that like me you have pulled through :Y: :Y: I have committed to do what I have to do..to keep much better care of my heart and lungs and my health in general mate...as you said....it's a lofty path..and I'll look out for you somewhere up ahead. :cool:

Mate, you have helped pick me up when I was down! Just with your words from your first few posts about what happened!
Amazed, because it was Sunday the 11th June was the day.
I had just a stark warning, it knocked me, but when I read this thread, and it helped pick me up and take some of the dark away? Words?
Its not about me, I wish not to make the topic bleak.... sorry all..

I just wanted to say thanks reefer and let you know you helped another by talking about it on this forum.
Thanks mate, from the heart.
:Y:

We have helped each other Brother!... :Y: That date..the 11th of June...was my late brother's (DONNY) birthday!..he was my mentor and most trusted friend....Have hope and breath easy Brother. :Y: You are not alone. :cool: