Can you find old coins with a detector?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes definitely, I recently found an old worn threepence, these guys are very small and my AT-GOLD sang like a fat lady when it picked it up.

Embarrassingly it's a elcheapo I bought mainly for the kids so they could feel they are taking part and to have some fun on our road trips. But I defiantly will be looking for something decent in the next few weeks for myself now we are settled in

My suggestion is start in playground and dig everything make sure you fill holes so littles don't get hurt & you can learn heaps even from rubbish that's dug you get to know where in playgrounds to look. I like the bark playgrounds with treated pine equipment.

daleo said:
Embarrassingly it's a elcheapo I bought mainly for the kids so they could feel they are taking part and to have some fun on our road trips. But I defiantly will be looking for something decent in the next few weeks for myself now we are settled in

Mate you have to start somewhere, that elcheapo (as you put it) has obviously got you interested in the hobby so that's a good thing. Let us know if we can help you decide on what detector to get.