Camping out on Your Own

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd struggle so respect to you who can.

Spent a long weekend in a motor home with mates at Kangaroo Valley last year and got totally freaked out when in the dead of night, fast asleep the van starts to shake along with a uniform back & forward scraping sound (Freddy?). Jumped up out the door torch in hand and there, under the van against the undercarriage a massive bloody wombat was scratching an itch.

its been ages since i went camping on my own or with someone else for that matter had a shocking xpierence last trip went out set up camp(ute mattress) done about an hour on the coil then headed back to give the turps A REAL GOOD SMACK IN THE MOUTH, problem was i had that good of a time slept till 2.00 the nextday woke up with a smashing headache, and i swore someone had taken a dump in my :eek: .......and i had to go to work the next day...camping hey ,bloody great pass time 8)

Ha....dwt, reminds me of the last Tuena meet. I polished off a bottle of red and then got into the Inner Circle 57% green dot rum. What a great night, but I was very dusty the next morning. Luckily I did not get into the vodka that someone had that had the gold flakes in it. Shivan was very ill that night, but I don't think it was the turps, at least that is what he says. He has a very funny account of it somewhere on the forum.

On the camping alone issue, I have never worried about it, and used to do a fair bit of solo bushwalking when I was a young bloke.

Latest posts