Camping near Batemans Bay NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rupa

Adam Rupa
Reaction score
Hey guys my missus and her friends want to go camping and want me to organize it. All I really care about is a good camping area with gold. Can anyone recommend a easily assesible camping ground that has a good river and is roughly inland from batesmans bay. Would like to do some detecting and high banking.

Cheers

I think the mogo state forest might have some gold. But im not sure, I havent tried that way myself.
But that might be a good place to start looking.
Greg

What type of camping you planning on, and how far out of the Bay are you willing to travel?

There are plenty of places to decide for down this way. There are camping sites all along the Clyde river which runs west from Batemans Bay. You can access these by heading out to Nelligen and turning off onto River Road. This takes you out to Shallow Crossing, and if you keep going you will end up out the back of Ulladulla/Milton and it may even go all the way up to Nowra. There are also numerous caravan parks to choose from at Batemans Bay or Nelligen.
South of Batemans Bay you have Mogo. Anywhere west of the highway is gold bearing but you will not have any designated camping areas or rivers.
South of Mogo you have Moruya. There are a few camping areas to choose from depending what you want to do. There are a few caravan parks available. There is also North Head primitive camp ground near Moruya airport. Great spot to set up base. Within 10 minutes from Mogo. It is also only under an hours drive to most of the other prime gold bearing soil in the south coast area, ie; Nerrigundah,
You can keep heading south to Bodalla (gateway to Nerrigundah) or to Narooma, depending on what tickles your fancy.

Hope this helps. Need any other info let me know.

cheers for the info guys ill definitely look into these areas. im located near wollongong so a few hours drive doesnt phase me. just gotta keep the missus happy so i can go have my own fun chasing the good stuff =)

Latest posts