Bye Bye Dairy Farmers and Co....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
news.com.au said:
ACCC clears the way for China Mengniu Dairy bid for Lions Dairy and Drinks portfolio

The ACCC will not stand in the way of the $600 million bid by China Mengniu Dairy for Lions Dairy and Drinks portfolio, which includes the Dairy Farmers, Pura, Dare and Farmers Union iced coffee brands.

The competition watchdog on Friday said Mengnius proposal to acquire Lions raw milk processing facilities in Australia would not substantially lessen competition in the Gippsland region, where Mengniu already has a presence due to a partial ownership of Burra Foods.

ACCC Deputy Chair Mick Keogh said while Burra and Lion D & D compete for raw milk, they were not close competitors.

Our investigations concluded that dairy farmers are unlikely to switch between the two, Mr Keogh said.

The ACCC also considered that a combined Mengniu-Lion D & D will continue to be constrained by Saputo and Fonterra, as well as a number of smaller raw milk processors in the region.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...o/news-story/d5e14f5535fa7f9b96029ddd394228b8

Getting worse and worse :(

I used to milk cows before and after school for pocket money ,the farmer had the bottles of chocolate and strawberry flavour and a small tub of malt ,make your own warm milkshake,we didn't have those fancy shaker glasses,we used a screw top jar,grabbed a teat, filled the jar popped in the flavour and a good shake yum yum yum .

Lost our house cow/milker about 10 years ago, snake bite i thought but any way we never did get another one :/

Jaros said:
When we were living in Noble Park Victoria we used to get a squirt of pure full cream milk every time we helped Mum get the milk from our next door neighbour and .....it was beautiful. :)
Most folk will Chuck up after sculpting a warm milkshake mug straight from the teet on their first time.
Good old country trick on city folk :)

People don't seem to be aware that for over the last ten years Lion Nathan Brewery which owns Dairy Farmers have been owned by the large Japanese brewing concern Kirin Company Ltd.

The only possible change is that the milk products could go to China instead of staying here like they had been under Kirin ownership. One of the problems these days is that most people don't have a clue about who owns what anymore with large corporations constantly buying each other out.

Yep they'll grow it and make it on their property, send it to their docks in their trucks put on their ships and Australia will make zero out of it, :awful: :mad:

But not many dairy farmers will tell u a few years ago they took a wad full of money, and sold out there co-operative for hundred of thousands of dollars for each farmer in nth vic, so go figure ,if u give away your right to market your product and have no control over your product do you think a overseas owner going to care about families in a small town like Rochester in vic

I can't believe what has happened to this once great country.
The other day I drove through the northern part of Melbourne where my father grew up,shops blanked out, grafty every where,to me it looked it is decending into a third world country.
Politicions could not care less about this country,sell every thing.
The day we started down the road to sell our industries and sending them overseas was the end.
The words were,"WE OUR NOW A SERVICE INDUSTRY",well that is like running the coffe shop to being serving the coffe for the new overseason owner.

We all have to wake in this country,this sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhlvKj-hgU0 :(

I think that we as Australians need to have a GHLAO.
We seem afraid to buy and hold shares in our own companies.
When the 7000 came out and on the basis of the success of their other detectors, I bought shares in Codan the Australian public company which owns Minelab. I did very well and the profits (and a few dividends) on my selling the shares paid for my purchase of the 7000. I wish now that I had held onto the shares as they have done even better since on the basis of their other interests in defence electronics. They are just not a one trick company but a valuable Australian asset.
So when we complain about our Australian companies being bought up by foreign interests who is really to blame.
We are keen to buy the latest iphone from apple, or exotic fashion products from overseas but not buy shares in our own companies which can also pay us dividends and growth to improve our own personal circumstances. If patriotic Australians sought to have ownership, however small, in the companies which are part of our economic future it would be more difficult for these foreign raiders to exploit our industrial future.

Many of us may well have shares in many Australian companies through our superannuation, others may not feel comfortable to trade on the stock market, each to their own. Australia is a very small player in a global world, we have been the inventors of many great products but we lack the investment dollars to keep that intellectual property and product in Australia. We will always find it hard to compete with emerging third world manufacturing due to wages etc. We shop locally wherever possible buying products from wherever happy in the knowledge that our purchase is contributing to the wages of those who are employed in those shops and in the hope those businesses are profitable and may well employ more people or open new branches.

Just thought I’d add this, we often have no idea where the products we purchase come from, I bought a HP Printer recently from Officeworks and it comes with the offer of a subscription service for ink replacement based on the number of pages you print. We signed up for this as it’s convenient to have the ink delivered to your door without lifting a finger, it is all done thru the printers internet connection. Well tonight I thought I’d track our recent ink replacement, guess what, it’s shipped from Singapore!

Last edited:

Latest posts