Bush land reserves Victoria.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will depend. Contact Parks Victoria if you are asking about Victorian Reserves. In Vic it is usually O.K. but some, especially those with a fence around them, might be subject to grazing rights. Even if that is the case, Parks will be able to tell you if the lease holder has what is known as "exclusive" rights or not. If they don't have exclusive rights then you can detect on that reserve. Just make sure you fill in all your holes and close all gates you open. Respect the property the same as you would private property.
Some Bushland Reserves are located inside the boundaries of private property. If there is no dedicated access road to the Reserve then you will need the permission of the property owner
to cross their land to get to the Reserve.

Note that I am only talking about Victorian Bushland Reserves. Contact Parks Victoria if there is any doubt.

Regards Axtyr.

Do your homework :)
There are 3 primary "bush areas" in VIC - State Forest (in which you can detect pretty well anywhere).
State Parks and National Parks are the other 2. In these certain areas of certain parks have areas where detecting is allowed. You need to go on to Parks Web VIC, download their PDF maps and check which those areas are. There are also other designations such as Historical and Conservation Parks along with other "Bush Areas".
Best thing to do is check with either someone like Coiltek Gold Centre, Maryborough, Miners Den Bendigo or other detector shops when in area. Or, visit a Parks VIC office. Don't forget your Miners Rights to detect.

Do your homework :)
There are 3 primary "bush areas" in VIC - State Forest (in which you can detect pretty well anywhere).
State Parks and National Parks are the other 2. In these certain areas of certain parks have areas where detecting is allowed. You need to go on to Parks Web VIC, download their PDF maps and check which those areas are. There are also other designations such as Historical and Conservation Parks along with other "Bush Areas".
Best thing to do is check with either someone like Coiltek Gold Centre, Maryborough, Miners Den Bendigo or other detector shops when in area. Or, visit a Parks VIC office. Don't forget your Miners Rights to detect.
Yes have pdf maps, but doesn’t cover the area I was looking., then wasn’t sure as to who to contact, whether it was like a council thing or a parks thing. Thanks for the info though, much appreciated, points m3 in a better direction.

I generally use VICMAP 1:25k Topo maps as they cover the whole state. Only issue with them is currency as some of them were produced 20 or more years ago, but better than nothing, lol.

PM me the general area if you want, I'll check my maps. :)

They are called NATURE CONSERVATION RESERVES . These reserves contain gold bearing gullies in the GT and are crucial hot the prospector. We might all have to become night owls.

They are called NATURE CONSERVATION RESERVES . These reserves contain gold bearing gullies in the GT and are crucial hot the prospector. We might all have to become night owls.
There are Nature Conservation Reserves and there are Bushland Reserves. Neither are completely locked up.

Thanks for your input. I’m waiting on a reply from parks as to whether I can detect in it or not.

Latest posts