Bunnings sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a beauty Reeks!

Anything that portable/light that catches gold gets a big thumbs-up from me too!

Good 'ol Bunnings. I could live in that place! lol

All the best,
Shauno.

Nearly same inside my upgrade version as out mount Isa way water is hard to find :)

Not shore about the angle I will try some I have not tried it yet

1387595507_img_1098.jpg

Awesome Colmaca, do you have any pics of the mat arrangements?
I ran mine at a very low angle, yours looks around 1 in 4.

I have a video of mine working but it is on my phone, Nugget how do i upload a vid?

I used same mat as you on the second 1/2 but couldn't find the blue you used so I used some black round matt .

I just ran a test with 500 grams sand/crushed pyrite ore and the only bit gold I got .28 gram a little 2 big as it never went trough the sieve. I sieved the sand chucked my gold in and poured it in . It was caught in the 2nd run of large matting as shown in picture . I panned the rest no other gold was expected :eek:

1387602533_img_1101.jpg

Now that's some great portability!! Great job with that Reeks, it seems to work really well.

Cheers, Paul.

Here a few small bits I found I think I lost a few in the panning process there very tiny . this was my 1st time panning as well

1388302890_img_1104.jpg

Great effort for the first time panning mate...like I always say, I've never seen bad gold.

Keep it up and I'm sure the number of flakes will start to multiply.

Cheers Wal.

It goes to show that you don't need to spend a fortune to get in the game. It's great to see the ideas and visions of others. Great ideas Reeks and Colmaca. Good luck to you both.

I made a new one on weekend :p

since I got 2 I just used both. The mats are the same I just added the top so I could tip my stuff in without missing :)

Water is not in good supply out here so I need to pump it :p

I put some more in today and found more pictures below :p

1388904699_p1010546.jpg

1388904728_p1010547.jpg
1388904755_img_1119.jpg

I love the unique ideas that comes to the forum, I may look at this as I don't have a sluice for Nundle as yet. Fantastic idea and better still, when it works. Well done

I did it so i could see if the matts were cleaning out properly and not blocking up.
The grate holds the matts down and into the shape of the grate.
Reeko

Thanks for sharing Reeko, thought it should have a crack at my first sluice.

Just tested it with the garden hose, works great. Can't wait to get to some gold bearing ground to give it a real test.

The guys at bunnings would only sell me a meter of rubber matting so had to come up with something different (cheaper) at the top end, seems to trap the heavies quite well. :D

1389511268_image.jpg

Latest posts