Brisbane Northside

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to know of any areas
On brisbanes northside where I can detect gold.
I have tried gympie and warrick but read in gold and ghosts about old prospects in dayboro (talc-asbestos) and in kilkoy...but I am yet to find their locations.

Has anyone had experience in these areas? What about the glass house mountains or state forests?

elemental09 said:
Hi all,

I would like to know of any areas
On brisbanes northside where I can detect gold.
I have tried gympie and warrick but read in gold and ghosts about old prospects in dayboro (talc-asbestos) and in kilkoy...but I am yet to find their locations.

Has anyone had experience in these areas? What about the glass house mountains or state forests?

hey elemental09

get over to this page https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=18 and introduce yourself and welcome aboard. You'll find a wealth of info in the site and members are more than happy to share. Try having a look around the site before starting new threads as most of the time there is already information there for you and you can contribute to that thread.

Just by searching "brisbane detecting" in the forum i found 8 threads good luck

Hi Golddigg,

Thank you for the reply. I have just introduced myself on that part of the forum. I did what you suggested and searched for Brisbane detecting...
and there are some useful bits of info there... but I was wondering if anyone had any experience detecting in or around Brisbane (not just Gympie or Warrick)... I have read there is some really good ground here.

Cheers,

Luke.

Get onto geological maps of the area, goto the pub ask a few questions, Drive to an interesting river or creek, and test pan it for a few kilometres is the only way you will really know

Latest posts