Booster repairs/mods

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick post to let any members that may have a booster requiring repair or modifications that site sponsor "Anger Management" can do this.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/profile.php?id=3760

Due to damage to the input lead I had a socket added to mine allowing replacement of the input lead as well as a cable made to suit. The unit (B&Z) & speaker was also serviced, existing wiring tidied up, solder joints, cleaned & protective lacquered etc.

Went for my first detect of the year yesterday - got 3 x small ones & a specci. Not saying that the work directly led to me getting gold as I was getting gold prior too.
The unit was a lot more stable though & now has no background noise/buzzing that was apparent previously. This allowed me to run the SDC at a higher setting & better use the booster to adjust the threshold.
Very happy with the work done & I reckon the SDC audio is now much better through the modded/repaired booster. If you have a damaged booster or want to get one modded to allow replaceable leads etc. I recommend dropping Anger Management an email to see what he can do for you.

Thanks mbasko for the feedback and the post...

mbasko said:
Due to damage to the input lead I had a socket added to mine allowing replacement of the input lead as well as a cable made to suit. The unit (B&Z) & speaker was also serviced, existing wiring tidied up, solder joints, cleaned & protective lacquered etc.

As I often say, the devil is in the detail and what is not said :)

mbasko, was kind enough to provide lots of detail as to his problems and what he hoped to achieve...

Thus I was able to take a little time and effort and work out a few things.... Was it a perfect fix, I doubt it :) but working much better and also more functional.

As I now have full time work for 6 months, I am happy to have a look at any that may be broken and or playing up. But I can not say the item would be returned in a short time frame.... As I have not planned for more than the odd one, I also have to obtain parts as and when required and this can also add to the down time.

Latest posts