Bloody Yanks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, the whole thing is a joke. I recall hearing this time last year about US citizens drinking bleach and all manner of different chemicals.

Makybe Diva is the only horse I remember from the Melbourne Cup, as my brother made $10k backing it for the back-to-back win following the 2003 cup. Simpler times.

Phil8303 said:
LOL, the whole thing is a joke. I recall hearing this time last year about US citizens drinking bleach and all manner of different chemicals.

Makybe Diva is the only horse I remember from the Melbourne Cup, as my brother made $10k backing it for the back-to-back win following the 2003 cup. Simpler times.

yerrr..I swore I'd strip naked and jump in the pool if she won for a third time in a row in 2005 at a mates cup party. Did it in my jocks in the end due to there being a whole bunch of kids around.
Won't ever forget that.

kiwifred said:
New York: The US Food and Drug Administration has issued a strong and unusual warning: You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, yall. Stop it.

On Friday, Mississippis health department issued a warning that more than 70 per cent of recent calls to the states poison centre came after people took ivermectin bought at livestock supply centres.

I love it when statistics are demonstrated by 'percentages' like 70%.
It is a great way of smudging figures and information as there are no parameters or boundaries or caller conversation information mentioned.

eg Maybe they had 10 calls in the month and "more than 70 per cent of recent calls" etc etc...... (7+ out of 10)

The calls may be people just checking if they are safe, and if not, what to do, just in case. They may have been having second thoughts and not an actual problem.
I have done that for my kids and myself.

Having wallowed in statistics and miss-representation of them previously, I always give them due consideration before a HUGE grain of salt.
You can make anything a big deal, %'s are great for that.

Our home is inhabited 90% by females, I am the only man in the house of 6 people.
Hmmm... do the math. it is true, but it is twisted truth.

My first experience with this drug Ivermectin was treating hunting ferrets with a 'foot rot' problem as diagnosed by 2 city vets, treated as instructed for months and months, three times a day.
The problem was getting worse. I was pointed at a Country Vet, and took my hunting ferrets to him, 120km round trip and Vet fee's.
He provided me with some Ivermectin, explained the dosage per kg mass 'orally', explained that it was a 'mite' on their feet, probably picked up in the paddocks, as the livestock get this mite also, but don't usually get it this bad as the stock are medicated against such things by systemic drugs, like Ivermectin. The mites feed on blood from the edges of the nails and hoofs, and build up a crusty mass they live in, then bacteria set in and other infections start.
It was widely used on livestock, but not on ferrets.
At the time I don't even know if it was approved for use on humans, probably not.
Over 25 years ago.

I reported 2 vets to the RSPCA, as the animals were in clear pain and had even lost toe's to the mite infestation, refused to pay labs reports and threaten legal action
over the treatment of my animals and my payment recovery.
What had been a problem for nearly 8 months, with multiple Vet attendances, personal distress, was fixed in 3 weeks including healing of damaged foot tissues, I was amased.
So impressed, that if this Vet told me to use Ivermectin paste, I would not hesitate !

If you ever have ferrets, DO NOT get them vaccinated, despite what we are told, they are not likely to get a single thing, the only ferrets I had to get put down were those that got vaccinated,
and then reacted so badly they were dying within less than 1 hour, it was cruel and inhumane, I think the Vet gave them the wrong type of Vax for Mustelidae after talking to the Adelaide Zoo Chief Vet.

I am not anti-vax
I am not blind to 'professionals' anymore either.
Consider many perspectives and make up your own mind, over everything, then set your course. If you are heading for the rocks, don't be afraid to change course.
If you take something like Ivermectin, take a correct human dose.
Oh yes, many many drugs used for humans are used for animals also, just different names, you would be surprised how many how many anti depressants are provided to pets these days :eek:
And some of our drugs are toxic to pets too, get Vet advice.

2 city Vets and even a lab using tools of science, they could have seen the mites with a microscope, I did, the country Vet showed me. 1 in 4 was correct..... :/

Sorry for the rant, I still feel very emotional about this event, Ferrets are really fun pets, full of life and character. Had many over the years. :Y:

nucopia said:
We use ivermectin 1.0% for our poultry and piggery in the Philippines ..its available locally ..
Never heard of anyone using it on them selves ...

That's because they're not American.

Upside said:
nucopia said:
We use ivermectin 1.0% for our poultry and piggery in the Philippines ..its available locally ..

You would be surprised whats available over the counter in the Philippines with out a prescription..
;)

nucopia said:
Upside said:
nucopia said:

You would be surprised whats available over the counter in the Philippines with out a prescription..
;)

Yeah same as any SE Asian country mate. Nothing surprising in those countries!

I got to think;in on that covid 19.
That's divided us over the Virus vaccine.
Ihear you talkn I'm noy puttting you down
Dirty old Virus,Dirty Old Town.

This...'thing'. This Virus.... These chains...Holding us down!...
D