Bitcoin Mining

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hope this is not off subject , Nugget has starting another type of computer mining ..

Here is the source for the computer mining story, it is in Forbes ....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmir...d-about-bitcoin-from-living-on-it-for-a-week/

5. There are people who are very excited about the financial opportunities behind Bitcoin. There is a whole economy of miners, mining equipment makers, payment processors, money exchangers, and speculators rising up around it. It is actually thriving. There are a ton of people trying to make money off of this thing. Some are legitimate businesses and some are pure gambles, such as the Redditor with a wife and child who used the $30,000 limit on his credit card to buy Bitcoin when it was valued at $14.25 USD and cashed out when it went above $200. He did not respond to a media request; he may still be celebrating.

If you take 30k and divide by 14.25 you get 2,105 shares of bitcoins and if you sell them at $200.00 you get $421,000.00 so not too far off from 500K ,I couldn't find original post where he paid off credit card and paid off house mortgage but I like the part of him not responding to media because he was still out celebrating, lol :lol:

I am tempted to do the $30K thing on litecoin because it is at $2.53 has been to $3.00 couple of months ago at any rate at $253 it would buy you 11,857 shares and it if hit say 103.00 I think its fair to say you would make a cool 1,221,271.00 usd

There has been a lot out there in the media lately about crypo currencies and some gov types don't like it .

Tempted is the key word here,

This is from Mt Gox August news report ..

LiteCoin Update
We hate to apologize yet again for the delay in implementing Litecoin, but the fact of the matter is that it depends on a variety of factors, including completing all of the above before we launch. We're looking forward to the rollout, but at this point are reluctant to speculate on when. We are sorry to keep Litecoin enthusiasts hanging.

source Mt Gox ,,
Link ...

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130805.html

Litecoin is now at $29. I just started trading them so it will be interesting to see where they go.